Unpassword

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unpassword

Seeming as VON is back, the server should be unlocked.

Re: Unpassword

erm? why?
    sigpic

"brum brum"

Comment

You do relize that you need the beta for the von to work? If we unlock they might not have the beta thus having no von.

Comment

I thought if you didnt have the beta then you crashed out.

Comment

Originally posted by sturgis View Post
          erm? why?
          So we have a bigger player base. We are currently attracting no new players from outside the TG community. I dont know about you, but I like to play games with 20 or 30 players, not 5.

Comment

When you unlock the servers you get pub server standards, not TG standards. Imho there will be more lone wolves,less teamwork, more chaos. I didnt become a supporting member to play on a public server. This a bad idea

Comment

When the new version is released (not beta) why not open up the bravo server, but keep the alpha server passworded? One server to attract players, the other to do whatever already goes on in alpha. Besides, rarely does the Bravo server do much traffic, aside from the occasional domination game.

Comment

Haven't we been running passwords on both servers for months now? Last night we had a <25 player game going. We don't seem to have population issues. I'd rather attract new players by making them check the forums first.

Comment

Leave it be.
                  |TG|Ghost02
                  TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

I agree, the servers are a priviledge and not a given right. We have standards for a reason and they should be read by any incoming players. If we didn't have this we wouldn't be different then the other servers out there.

Leave the passwords as I am with Mosely in regards to not having a population issue. Yes population is important, but qaulity in players and each mission played is much more important.

If they want to play here, they can come to the website, read the SOP's, introduce themselves and make some friends rather then pissing off everyone who HAS made an effort to understand how TG runs things.
                    FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

If you remember, before Arma 2 and ACE, the server was passworded, and because of that, the TG community never picked up on Arma. I dont see alot of people on during the day now. Plus, the variety of players is a good thing. If were all on the same wavelenght and the same idea's, all of the missions just get so similar, with the same plan base set in stone. I remember it being said that the server passworded was to force people onto TS, which isn't needed now. You've got to remember it's a game, and some of the casual players who can act reasonably mature ( myself included ) won't find this server because it's just another name on a list of 200 servers, and there are other servers that are open.

Just because someone is new doesn't mean their going to piss everyone off. Maybe you should point them in the right direction in their style of play rather than slate them for it. 8/10 players probably would want to improve their gameplay.

I dont know about many of you, but I wouldn't of bothered becoming a part TG if it was locked. I became a part of it because I experienced a good style of play on an open server, and thus became addicted.

Currently, we have 11 players at 21:10 GMT, or 5:10 EST on a Saturday across 2 servers. I'm sure in the old ACE days it was a lot more.

Comment

Keep the passwords guys. I found this community, because I like the way it is. Don't change it ;).
                        Last edited by Mikee; 09-12-2009, 10:36 PM.

Comment

You're making the assumption, Eavy, that because passwords are utilized for both servers, no new players are being drawn in from the general community. On the contrary, I've heard of several players who have seen the servers on their browser, gone to our website, and joined the forums on the strength of our in-game player number alone.

Keep the passwords, please.

Comment

As far as i can tell both arma and arma2 servers have allways been passworded.
                            I see no reason to chance this all of a sudden...
                            If it's to much to come to a website to find out the password and read why it is passworded, you are probably not wanted on the server anyway.
                            I for one am firmly against against any server going "public"
                            sigpic

"brum brum"

Comment

I am relativly new, the passwords were on when i found this site. It wasnt any problem for me to visit the site, read the forums, get teamspeak up and start playing. The extra time it took was worth it so I say if they dont care to take a little extra time, let them stay on the pubs. TG is different , it was meant to be different and we need to stay that way. Call it elitist or anything you want to, I am here because of it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X