What are ya'll listening to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What are ya'll listening to?

Alot of Grendel, VnV Nation......seems every summer i swap to the lighter stuff :D

Soon as the cold Irish winter kicks in itll be back too Anaal Nakhrath, Satyricon, Borknagar and Dark Throne >:-(

\m/ 0.0 \m/
    Nihility

Comment

Wow I am getting old. I recognized like one band from this list, Rush. One of my favorites by the way and if you haven't listened to Rush in a while go and find some of their music from their most recent CD Snakes and Arrows. A great record and definite throwback to their early prog rock days...ala Hemispheres. I've been listening to that alot since it was released.

I listen to just about anything. My inability to name a current artist is no indication that I wouldn't listen...I like any music that's well put together and this ranges from Debussy to Def Leppard, with a penchance for 70's classic rock (Zep, Floyd, The Who, Seger, etc ad infinitum).

These days I find myself listening to alot more talk than I used to. I make a practice of downloading "This American Life" and "A Prarie Home Companion" every week. (Garrison Keillor just suffered a minor stroke I've heard recently). I also like "Car Talk" and "Fresh Air with Terry Gross". I put them on my mp3 player at night and drift off to sleep many nights listening to various stories and guests.

Ive always listened to Jazz, even as a teenager. But these days it's probably the first thing I reach for on a long drive. Pat Metheny is my favorite but like many many others as well, both classic and new--"Birth of the Cool" anyone?

I also like folk/roots rock quite a bit. I love the music of Steve Earle. Is doesn't get any grittier than that.

Love Bob Marley. Love Steve Vai. Love Keith Jarrett...gawd...the list goes on. I could never pick a favorite I think. It's all so dependent on mood and circumstance.
      sigpic
      |TG-1st|Grunt
      ARMA Admin (retired)
      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Wow I am getting old. I recognized like one band from this list, Rush. One of my favorites by the way and if you haven't listened to Rush in a while go and find some of their music from their most recent CD Snakes and Arrows. A great record and definite throwback to their early prog rock days...ala Hemispheres. I've been listening to that alot since it was released.
        Yep Rush is awesome! Especially Snakes and Arrows! Got to go to their Snakes and Arrows tour conert when they stopped in Oklahoma City. It was a blast!
        sigpic

Comment

mostly DNB recently normally darkside/darkstep like Spor or Noisia etc, I don't mind listning to dance, techno or electro either, really just depends the mood im in.

On another note I do listen to movie and game OST's quite a bit too, espically when im in a mission making mood :)

Noisia: Groundhog its Funky!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTeE2...related&fmt=18
          Last edited by Inq; 09-16-2009, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Inq View Post
            mostly DNB recently normally darkside/darkstep like Spor or Noisia etc, I don't mind listning to dance, techno or electro either, really just depends the mood im in.
            Whats your fav. DnB? I tried to find some bands but the deepest I ever got was pendulum.
            |TG|Ghost02
            TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

I'm in Texas right now and after eating at the Texas road house here in San antonio I really enjoy willy Nelson.

Oh and for anyone here from Texas, I appluad ubon having the best steaks I've ever had!!
              FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost02 View Post
                Whats your fav. DnB? I tried to find some bands but the deepest I ever got was pendulum.
                Yea I like Pendulum, however I think they have got too commercial now and changed their style too much. They kinda lost a lot of their old DNB fans. However they gained a flood of new fans that were looking for something more like "The Prodigy" etc. There old stuff is better in my eyes.

I don't think I have a real fav DNB artist. The thing about DNB (like a few music genres) is all the different type of sub-genres classed under it, u really need to find the types you like. Its also difficult becasue a lot of artists mix their styles - "Noisia" being a prime example - I meen they make darkstep DNB and also make House music etc.

I could give you a list of artists to look up if you like.

Comment

Originally posted by Inq View Post

I don't think I have a real fav DNB artist. The thing about DNB (like a few music genres) is all the different type of sub-genres classed under it, u really need to find the types you like.
                  Yes, so many sub-genres for it. I knew a few local DJ's that both claimed to spin DNB, but they were at opposite ends of the spectrum. One was more into jungle/reggaeton mixes and the other was into everything that was down tempo. I personally enjoy some Planet of the Drums with Ak1200 and Dara.
                  |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Originally posted by viper1986 View Post
                    I'm in Texas right now and after eating at the Texas road house here in San antonio I really enjoy willy Nelson.

Oh and for anyone here from Texas, I appluad ubon having the best steaks I've ever had!!
                    One of the best concerts I ever saw...go ahead laugh...but Willy rocks live.

Willie Nelson
                    Waylon Jennings
                    The Band
                    Neil Young
                    sigpic
                    |TG-1st|Grunt
                    ARMA Admin (retired)
                    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by tHa_KhAn View Post
                      Yes, so many sub-genres for it. I knew a few local DJ's that both claimed to spin DNB, but they were at opposite ends of the spectrum. One was more into jungle/reggaeton mixes and the other was into everything that was down tempo. I personally enjoy some Planet of the Drums with Ak1200 and Dara.
                      Some of my fav would be... Spor, State of mind, Black Sun Empire and Noisia

Most of those are Darkstep.

Comment

calvin harris - [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnBpUGmcsFo[/media]
                        pendulum - [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABqh9N-Mw5E[/media]
                        metalica any thing s m & c album is amazing (one with them playing wit h the san fran orchestra)

tbh i got a ton of hardcore on my laptop an most of them are known as "track 1" so i have no idea who they are by

Comment

Originally posted by browna3 View Post
                          calvin harris - [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnBpUGmcsFo[/media]
                          pendulum - [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABqh9N-Mw5E[/media]
                          metalica any thing s m & c album is amazing (one with them playing wit h the san fran orchestra)

tbh i got a ton of hardcore on my laptop an most of them are known as "track 1" so i have no idea who they are by
                          hardcore what exactly...

Comment

I listen to everything, except for music that moves to boast or invoke a feeling of jelousy in the listener. That means I dislike most rap.

Must agree with the Rush comment. They are amazing.

I listen to Velvet Acid Christ when I play games normally. KMFDM, or classical guitar.

Thats just me.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Browna listens to hardcore post-electric Spanish folk-country.

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post

Ive always listened to Jazz, even as a teenager. But these days it's probably the first thing I reach for on a long drive. Pat Metheny is my favorite but like many many others as well, both classic and new--"Birth of the Cool" anyone?

Love Bob Marley. Love Steve Vai. Love Keith Jarrett...gawd...the list goes on. I could never pick a favorite I think. It's all so dependent on mood and circumstance.
                                Yeah, you can't go wrong with Miles Davis, acoustic or electric! I get what you mean on those long drives, John Coltrane's Crescent is one of my favorites for just that.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X