Ribbons?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ribbons?

It was nice to see a ribbon being awarded, but at least to me the whole ribbon-thing is a mystery. I cannot find any information on how they work at all. All I can see are several distributed ribbons throughout the history of TG ArmA.

What is a ribbon exactly? How are they awarded?

As it seems to me they are awarded after nomination+investigation, but if hardly anyone know that one *can* nominate people for ribbons it seems like a broken system.

Please enlighten us non-knowing :)

Re: Ribbons?

ok, its really really easy. in my sig there is a link to submiting a nomination. you click that and you will come to a semi private forum, just like the contact an admin thread. you then write your nomination into a new thread and things will go from there.

here is an example nomination from a past ribbon (one of mine)
    Who?
    |TGXV|CorpralCody

What?
    Distinguished Recon

Where?
    Operation Waterloo, Arma2 A server

When?
    13th July 2009

How?
    Corpral cody Provided excellent recon over one of the target areas, he was able to veiw all enemy patrols and mark them on the map with Markers of were their patrols went, he also marked enemy vehicles and a static AA squad so we were able to take them out in out own terms. Unfortunately i don't have a screen shot of the map but he also provided a notes section with details on patrol sizes and what they consisted of. also that there was an enemy officer walking around. Without his recon we may not have been able to complete the mission. He also lasted the whole round without firing a single shot. Which for a game involving guns imo is quite an achevment

also click this link to see the thread on writing a nomination http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...omination.html

oh and here is a list of ribbons available
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...e-ribbons.html

Comment

Ahhh.. Thank you! I was reserving my search to the Armed Assault section of the forum, as well as reading through all the SOP threads. Thought the ribbons were unique to ArmA (probably because I haven't ever played any other game on TG). Seems like I should have widened my search.

Maybe make a sticky with a recommendation/reminder to nominate the worthy so that especially new people get to see that nominations exist? :)

Comment

The reminder to nominate for ribbons appears every time I post ;)

| |

Comment

I think we ArmA players need to do this more often. There's plenty of times that some one does something fantastic but never gets a nomination.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Anyway you can make it so that when you hover cursor over a ribbon, a little box pops up with the award name?

Comment

Originally posted by Romaniac View Post
              Anyway you can make it so that when you hover cursor over a ribbon, a little box pops up with the award name?
              yes, there is a grease monkey app for tg for this exact purpose, however i have forgoten were this was, if i find it i will post it for you :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X