This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A heart felt apology

I wanted to apologize for disrupting the game last night. I will spend the next couple of weeks in single player until I am more familiar with the game and controls.
    Forewarned is Forearmed

Re: A heart felt apology

No need to apologize, we are all still learning. My main job is to try to stay alive and follow orders, I am just a grunt. The only way to learn is to get in there and get with it, let the others know that you are new and they will all help you out. Don"t stay away. BTW I am older than you so listen to your elders!

Comment

Some things you will never learn in SP. Hop on the server and see what is happening. Patience is key. If you feel the mission currently running is in progress and a little intense, either wait and observe or check out what is on the other server. Nothing is more helpful than some trial by fire. If you wait until the start of a new mission you can let everyone know your situation and you will find a lot of people willing and able to help get you pointed in the right direction.
      |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

We love you Bronco!

Comment

You did fine, LpBronco. ArmAII has a bit of a steep-ish learning curve.
          Once, you've notched up some hours of MP game play. You'll be pro in no time.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Bronco, no worries man. You are a great person to have as a squad member. I am sure nobody would have a problem with you playing on the server.

It was late at night anyways, how can someone be blamed for making a mistake while tinkering with bombs at that hour?! :D
            |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

I personally deleted ArmA II from my HDD and have joined a Buddhist monastery after witnessing the Greek tragedy that was Bronco in MP.

Comment

I may as well pipe in with my own apology: I completely and mercilessly dominated my teammates, Gr!mreaper and Skin tonight during a TvT mission. Sorry guys!

Comment

I was concerned about this as well. I am purchasing a new PC soon along with a copy of this game. I wanted to play with the TG crew asap, but I also do not want to ruin a mission or make a fool of myself because I don't know the game inside and out. Hopefully the regulars don't mind a new person fumbling around a bit.

Comment

Cid, I've been playing ArmA and its derivatives for 2 or 3 years, and I've screwed the pooch enough times to realize that as dumb as you may feel, nobody really cares outside of the heat of the moment. Don't be shy, come on in and schwack your teammates!

Comment

I was still learning the basics of Arma not so long ago. What helped was playing persistent games like Domination. If you screw up, it doesn't change much: it has respawn, mobile HQs, infinite ammo caches etc. It's perfect to get better at aiming (especially long range), CQB, and Anti-armor ops. If you can keep a chopper in the air, it can improve your flying skills too.

It can also be played with a very low number of players online.
                      When deeds speak, words are nothing.
                      Pierre-Joseph Proudhon

Comment

I'm very new to this game as well Bronco. The only singleplayer I've done so far is the turorials and messing around in the Editor. Like others have said, the best way to learn is by playing online and letting others know you are new to the game.
                        sigpic

Comment

Bronco......dont be daft mate....these things happen.....

Best way to really get up to speed is to play more MP....

I am happy to say.... since I got my copy of ArmA2 I have not looked at the Single Player missions ONCE... :D

Jump back in.... just beware of the action that says "trigger satchel now!!!"..lol
                          BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

And beware of diddling with your chopper's manual fire options with the mousewheel, you don't want to accidentally hit eject. Especially if your helicopter is pointed at friendlies.

Thank god I was playing in the editor.

Comment

The best way to learn is to play! Have you read Dyslexi's guide to Arma?

http://dslyecxi.com/armattp.html

It's a really good starting point if you're new to this kind of gameplay.

In a similar vein, I am so sorry and I apologize to everyone who put up with my stumbling through command in Shock and Awe tonight. I'll try to be more on top of things next time.
                              Last edited by FrankManik; 09-24-2009, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X