I am terribly sorry.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am terribly sorry.

I apologize deeply to all the members of OPFOR who were under my command in the Tesla mission after the event today. I feel horrible at the mess that occurred from my failure to grasp the situation at all. I must have made several people pretty frustrated. I hope that next time I am in a command position I will have the proper knowledge and training to perform the task effectively and give everyone an enjoyable experience.
    sigpic

Re: I am terribly sorry.

Dude we owned the other team, you did fine. Why would you feel bad if we won lol?!
    |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

No worries. It's a learning experience. If players get frustrated at your confusion, then they can volunteer for a command position next time and see if they perform better.

Comment

NOOOOOOO!!!! Ye played Tesla after the first map? Blast...ive been wanting to play that map for awhile now. It sounds fun :D
        Nihility

Comment

It is always the ones "who never step up" complain. It is a human nature to be selfish enough to expect the CO to provide enjoyment for the whole player base but not possess that ability themselves. I want you to congratulate yourself for possessing the courage to step up and tolerate this selfishness.

TG has set the standards high as it filters the good leaders and good plans. But good leaders always started somewhere and learned their way up.

It is not your fault. It is their fault for being impatient, intolerant, and overbearing. Because as a community we cannot grow if we squash every attempt to fill the much needed slots.
          Last edited by hedgehog; 10-12-2009, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Jetheren, you stepped up to command when no one else would (including those that were familiar with the mission), and led an extremely complex mission under very little exterior knowledge. As far as I'm concerned, not only did you exemplify the leadership skills and attitude that TG encourages and thrives upon, but you did so under stress and when no one else would.

Do not apologize, sir. It was both an honor and an enjoyment to play with you during the mission, and I hope that if you continue to have bad feelings about that one mission, that these feelings do not stop you from stepping up again and leading another team to victory.

Comment

what those guys said, but there is nothing wrong with feeling honest about what you think your performance was like. hopefuly il be under your command soon!

Comment

Thanks everyone, I guess I just felt that our victories had nothing to do with any influence of my own. The first time playing it we just happened to take the same path in our heli as the Independents took on the ground, and that wasn't my planned route to begin with. During the second play through a large amount of initial confusion with people running to different choppers, me mistakenly thinking I was in the right chopper but wasn't, and a false fire alarm in our dorm caused me to be separated and hopelessly lost.

I'll command again sometime, I really want to, but I hope that I'll have more understanding of tactics on how things really work. Commanding in ArmA is nothing like commanding in BF: 2142.
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah... its a game man. Everyone sucks the first few times they command. No need for being sorry. At TG subordinates are to follow the of the mission commander, no matter how amature. Maybe next time promote someone to be a 2nd CO and they can advise you, if you feel your tactical mindset is not up to par yet. But as for me... i would follow you anywhere if you were mission c.o... even in a charge against a platoon of T90 tanks.. and all i had was an M9.. with no ammo!
                  Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralCarver View Post
                    But as for me... i would follow you anywhere if you were mission c.o... even in a charge against a platoon of T90 tanks.. and all i had was an M9.. with no ammo!
                    I'll have to test this next time I'm commanding, see if your as loyal to commanders as you say you are :P

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
                    So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

This community is no place to apologize if you stepped up one others do not but complain anyways. This is a very challenging game to want to try and lead any mission due to it's complexity and any situation can be hard to grasp as a first time commander. The only thing you need to worry about is always moving forward. There are few times where you have time to think and try to fix what's already occured. Most seasoned veterans here can contest to having gone through what you are right now but you learn through experience that here at TG we applaud you.

Just remember for next time if i see you apologizing I'm going to kick you in the butt! jk

This kind of community achieves far more from players like you then those who come here with the attitude that they are the best but never step up to the challenge. We have lot's to gain from you and so does every player who starts thinking that maybe they can do it to by seeing you step up.
                      FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

That was quite a fun mission grats on your victorious leadership. Fun fun mission.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

LEADERSHIP

Definition
                          In its essence, leadership in an organizational role involves;
                          (1) establishing a clear vision,
                          (2) sharing (communicating) that vision with others so that they will follow willingly,
                          (3) providing the information, knowledge, and methods to realize that vision, and
                          (4) coordinating and balancing the conflicting interests of all members or stakeholders.
                          A leader comes to the forefront in case of crisis, and is able to think and act in creative ways in difficult situations. Unlike management, leadership flows from the core of a personality and cannot be taught, although it may be learnt and may be enhanced through coaching or mentoring.

In short...you have the support of those who played with you, therefore you did your role as leader well.

Good Job!
                          BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse