This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closing the doors...

As some of you may or may not know, I have decided to step away from TG. Recent actions have left a very bad taste in the mouth and TG ArmA is drifting down a path that I personally dont agree with and one which we took a long time to correct in ArmA1.

While some may hold a different opinion, I hold mine and the one thing I can never be accused of is not having principles behind my beliefs in trying to make TG ArmA one of the very best communities out there.

We took TG ArmA last year from a regular 10 players to the size it was at the launch of ArmA2, but for me personally I felt the supporting members are not getting enough say in how things are run in addition there are other issues and my thoughts have been well known about those.

The one thing I can never be accused of is not having the best interests of TG at heart. From being an admin, to running events, to commanding missions and creating missions to even creating TG's first IHS for ArmA specific and the TG-22nd gathered a great group of guys who will continue to play together I am sure but under a new banner now.

I have therefore decided to close the TG-22nd, but the 22nd will continue in a new form yet to be decided.

It's time for a new chapter at TG and people can run things how they like, its sad it came to this, but I have been extremely disappointed with a couple of peoples actions or lack thereof in supporting paying members to this community and so it is time for me to venture to pastures new.

The PC Gamer article has put TG in the spotlights and it was a pleasure to command that mission. I am sure it will attract a lot of new players and I am sure that popularity will also be used for other purposes.

I wish the current admin team the best of luck in their duties and I am sure I may pop by from time to time just to make sure the lunatics have not taken over the assylum.

I have made many great freinds here at TG and I know I will keep contact with many of them.

Happy Gaming...

Regards
    BD1
    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Re: Closing the doors...

You can't leave. Once TG always TG. And you don't have any say in it. There, issue settled. I'm glad you'll be staying. haha. Well, to each his own Blackdog. I will miss you.
    Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

im very saddened by the news of this BD1........but we all must make hard choices in our gaming life.... i respect yours and i hope that the wind leads you in the direction that suits what your looking for. it was a pleasure.

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Blackdog1 I came very close to bailing on TG for purely technical reasons, one thing I am glad I did is write down what I thought was going wrong, I hope you do the same so that we have a chance to put things right, it may be that your concerns are not insurmountable.

Whatever happens just give yourself a chance to cool off, things look better in the morning. And posts are easily lost....

Comment

Removed via admin request
          Last edited by Magnum50; 10-14-2009, 02:58 PM.
          Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Always sucks to lose some one from the community.
            Last edited by asch; 10-14-2009, 03:03 PM. Reason: Removed quote of a deleted/changed post.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

It's a shame to see you go, Blackdog. From being the very first player I remember on the ArmA 1 server, to your fantastic missions and commanding (Operation Calm Storm, anyone?), yours has been a guiding influence on a lot of the TG community, myself included. I hope you suspend your decision to step away from Tactical Gamer completely, but if not... well, we'll catch you on the flip side. It's been an absolute pleasure!

Comment

I'm sad to see such a great community member like yourself go. You contributed with so much here. I remember playing ARMA1 with you first time back in the day on a mission in pitch darkness. Good times!

Well you'll be missed! And i sincerely hope i'll be seeing you back around in the near future. Good luck!

Comment

Semper Fidelis, Brother
                  sigpic

"brum brum"

Comment

It was a good run. See you in the field.

Comment

I am also very sad to see you go, but i have to say i agree completely with what you have said I think that TG Arma has started going the path that TG Pr is already a long way down and anyone who was/is part of that community knows its a very bad path. While i"m not anywhere close to leaving i have to admit that for the first time in almost 3 years i have been playing off TG servers regularly. Perhaps the path will be corrected like in Arma but unless there is some major shift it doesn't seem like it will happen anytime soon.
                      Hopefully it'll get fixed and you could maybe come back though:)

Comment

If that is your choice, I will not try to persuade you.

Know you have left as an idol to me.

Godspeed, and good luck when your back in Europe, think about me when you drive the beast!
                        |TG|Ghost02
                        TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Woah Man, that was from left field! I wish you the best on your gaming/business ventures. I thoroughly enjoy your missions, and hope to play with you again someday on Op. Unicorn v.15 :D

Stay Safe,

Turkish
                          |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Even though I haven't been on much the last few months, it's still sad to see such a integral guy leave. Have had many great sunday games with you.... Wish you the best of luck.

(also I'll say that I really wish I could get a supporting membership despite the fact I haven't been doing much of anything with TG as of late game wise. I need a job :|)

Comment

Originally posted by tralicrifleman View Post
                              I am also very sad to see you go, but i have to say i agree completely with what you have said I think that TG Arma has started going the path that TG Pr is already a long way down and anyone who was/is part of that community knows its a very bad path. While i"m not anywhere close to leaving i have to admit that for the first time in almost 3 years i have been playing off TG servers regularly. Perhaps the path will be corrected like in Arma but unless there is some major shift it doesn't seem like it will happen anytime soon.
                              Hopefully it'll get fixed and you could maybe come back though:)
                              If this is "already long way down," I can't wait to see it get lower, because the last few weeks have been incredible on TG.

Extremely positive experiences all around with new players and engaging and focused, creative gameplay. I have no idea why there's been such a flood of negativity, exclusivity, or general air of competition with invisible enemies.

Whatever you "hope will get fixed," I'm basically saying I hope it stays broken. But then again, these vague and convoluted statements about how "it's a very bad path" have zero meaning anyway.

A hugely negative post, Tralic.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X