hello

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello

First let me start off by saying I stink at using computers so bare with me. I dont know if this is the right place for this. I would like to join TG for Arma2. I read the artical and like the style of play. A quick backround for me. I am Active Duty airforce. I have had a couple jobs in the Security forces career field. I was a M249 gunner for nuke weapon storage area. (Wont say which one lol). I deployed to Iraq in 2004 and ran convoys transporting detainees. I became Phoenix Raven in 05 and deployed again in 06, airlifting high value prisoners to the kurds in the north from Camp Bucca. I became a regular SF member (AF COP) in 07 and went to CPEC (close precision engagement course), and I am now a investigator for the USAF JDET(joint drug enforcement task force), and taking it easy. I can lead, and follow. I really like what I read in PC gamer and would like to join. Now the bad part, obviously I can deploy again at any time and I work a very random and wierd shift schedule, so if this group has a playing requierment, I may have a problem. As I previously stated I stink with computers, If there is a form, or step I missed in this process, please tell me so I can join. Thanks and hope to be playing soon

Re: hello

your in. welcome to TG and i thank you for your service. TG is great because there really isnt a required playing time to join. Just by signing up on this forum your part of the big family. Just join up on a server when people are on, normally around 6ish or later and play. jump right in.

again welcome.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

sounds good, so how is it organized, how do I get a certian roll, say fireteam, squad leader, or say a certain job like sniper or saw gunner.

Comment

Welcome!
        The only Requirement of TG is to be mature, teamplayer, fairplayer and be cool

but,
        Do you have any secret information about UFO?

Sapientiam Autem Non Vincit Malitia

Comment

yes in fact I do, we got UFO's all the time in my first tour to Iraq, but they where english pilots who forgot to call into the tower lol

Comment

wow, cool :D

Sapientiam Autem Non Vincit Malitia

Comment

Welcome to TG Boon! Just as a curiosity, did you ever know of a colonel named Phil Bossert when you were deployed or just during your years of service in general?

In regards to your question two posts above, the organization and roles depend on what mission is being played at that certain moment. Some missions have different organization than what others do. I'll see you in game! Have fun!

IN GAME ARMA: |TG-Irr| Lq.Snake

Comment

No srry that name sounds familier, bu my next question is do i need to download anything to play on the server besides teamspeak.

Comment

welcome aboard mate. No forms...just a desire to play in a team supporting fashion. That's all it takes.

Check out the forums and come to the servers. Read up on the SOP's and also ..... the mission highlighted was a preplanned event with much pre mission planning involved. Random server play on the un passworded server won't be the same.

Not to worry. Look for the Sunday event sign ups when they come around every other week or so and you'll see what it's like for yourself.

We love leaders. Don't be afraid to step up.

Cheers.
                  sigpic
                  |TG-1st|Grunt
                  ARMA Admin (retired)
                  Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Ok last question for this post lol I was reading the stickys, I will hop on TS and the server when i finaly get a day off but my question is what is VON, is it mandatory and are there other mods or files I need.

Comment

Originally posted by Boondocksaint View Post
                      Ok last question for this post lol I was reading the stickys, I will hop on TS and the server when i finaly get a day off but my question is what is VON, is it mandatory and are there other mods or files I need.
                      VON = Voice Over Network (in game voice communication)

It's encouraged, unless you're in a leadership role; in which case it is largely mandatory.

As far as other mods or files, there are none required (just the proper update version). You may want to look in to some mods which would enhance game play (www.armaholic.com is a good place to get started with that.)

Comment

oh ok also lol i know i said last question but do i need to add a tag in front or behind or over my in game name.

Comment

Originally posted by Boondocksaint View Post
                          oh ok also lol i know i said last question but do i need to add a tag in front or behind or over my in game name.
                          If you wanted you could add the |TG| prefix. Not all people in the community do, and its more just to let others know what to expect from you (ie someone with a good team play mindset).

You may see players from TG with tags like |TG-Irr| or such, those players are members of in-house clans.

Comment

ok cool thanx for the help guys

Comment

Yet another thread where the community has already handled everything. You guys are good! ;P

Welcome, Boondock. See you in the server. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X