PC Gamer article. My "review"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Gamer article. My "review"

Waited with great anticipation for the issue with the TG article in it and as soon as I could , grabbed one.

The write up was a great tribute to TG and a wonderful description of how ArmA2 should be played. A worthwhile read for sure.

Unfortunately the accompanying video on the DVD left quit a bit to be desired. It was disjointed and the viewer seems to spend most of the time looking out a Huey at the ground ,at someone adjusting his kit or explosions in the tree line for no apparent reason. IMO it would be discouraging for anyone interested in a serious gaming experience at TG as they are left wondering what it is all about.

I have no idea who would be blamed (well "blamed" isn't exactly the best word but all I could think of this morning ) but a better editing job or more diversified scenes could have greatly improved the presentation. Probably something as simple as a lack of experience I suppose , which is too bad because it looks and sounds as if it was a hard fought and interesting mission.

TBH I've seen much better TG and ShackTac organized assault videos on UTube.

But , as I said , the read was well worth the $10.00 and even with its visual faults , the video is a prime example of VOIP being used effectively and "professionally" to create a chain of command.

GG's to you all...
    [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Re: PC Gamer article. My "review"

i think you will find that most of the footage is Evans own recordings and not actually anything that was made by a TG member

maybe these will sooth you?

http://www.youtube.com/v/BDoZY5XAAnE
    http://www.youtube.com/v/O5oflUCaYjI <------- this one is very good imo ;)
    http://www.youtube.com/v/e7v33ZBW8yY

Comment

Re: PC Gamer article. My &quot;review&quot;

Great vids.

Tripper is always connecting :p
      sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Is it the November issue? I may try to pick it up if I know what to look for on the dated magazine shelf..

Playername Sparks444 in BF2

Comment

It's too bad the event didn't happen a week or two later, or the VON-fixing patch hadn't come out sooner. The in-game VON in ArmA/2 is one of the coolest parts of it, shame it wasn't featured. :(

All in all though, it was a really nice article. Well worth the read.

Comment

Just wanted to mention Brown that your video editing is very good. I wish the best of your videos would have made it on to that DVD, but oh well. Live and learn. Maybe a year or two down the line, we can try to get a new article once the mods and stuff are well established cuz I know my own mod (The Lost Brothers Mod) is just barely getting its feet wet in ArmA2 and LoBo needs to recruit new members to keep things fresh and to keep the momentum going.
            What I'm really looking forward to is the Ace2 mod. Hopefully it will be as good as the original in ArmA. The original REALLY made ArmA into an incredible MP experience. I still have dreams of urban combat in Avgani. :)
            So we have alot to look foward to I think.

Chris G.
            aka-Miles Teg<GD>
            "LETS ROLL GROUNDHOGS!!!" -Supreme Bashar Miles Teg (Heretics of Dune)

sigpic

Comment

haha. I gotta say, I got that issue of PC Gamer, which is how I learned about TacticalGamer.com. But it's a bit odd, because that's the first issue of PC Gamer I"ve ever bought.

Still, didn't even realize there was videos on the included dvd until I read this post. I thought the write-up itself did a great job of capturing interest. Made me really want to be a part of the community, which is why I ended up signing up and buying the game.

But those youtube videos on this thread are mindblowing. wow. I don't think I've ever seen game footage like that before, in any game.
              sigpic Basic Infantry Training 31 October 2009

Comment

I will have to say that the article is the reason that I am here now. I think from the time i read it to the time i became a SM and bought the game was prob and hour at most. I do think that for big missions (*cough*sundays event) we should designate someone to take video/screens. That way its on us if it looks bad. Then we can open a thread on the forum and let the world see what TG does. Just a suggestion....

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

We sometimes do. Actually, Sundays mission may have the cameraman and reporter slot.
                  |TG|Ghost02
                  TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Cool. Not volunteering for it though...i need to shoot people not pics...lol

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X