Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Become a Supporting Member

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Become a Supporting Member

    Every day I see new people joining the server, joining the site. I would highly suggest you guys that think you are going to be with us awhile become a supporting member. Its cheap and comes with benifits. The most important one to me is joining or creating a IHS. Becoming an SM is the first thing I did and I am glad I did it. IHS's do alot of inter squad missions, more orginized and more mature members (hopefully). SM are looked at differently the regular members. I know money is rough these days but if you really enjoy being in and playing with G on arma I say put up the money and join the elite lol. If you can't do it, np keep playing and learning until you can afford it.

  • #2
    Re: Become a Supporting Member

    Originally posted by Boondocksaint View Post
    Its cheap and comes with benifits.
    What kinda benifits we talkin bout? lol

    [unit][squadl][command2]

    KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Become a Supporting Member

      Your donations help keep our servers going. It costs a lot to operate and maintain servers and every penny counts. Some benefits aside from IHS are private forums, access to private servers and priority during event sign ups. On the BF2142 and BF2 servers, we have scripts set up to kick non supporting members for supporting members, so if your tired of waiting in line this is a great way to get on the server instantly. There might be some more ArmA perks soon too :) SMs cost $9 monthly (the price of one movie ticket) or 80$ for a whole year subscription.
      |TG-73rd|Socomseal
      |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

      "Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

      Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Become a Supporting Member

        I was hoping that boondock would you know like....wash my car......or something.

        [unit][squadl][command2]

        KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Become a Supporting Member

          Originally posted by Dredge View Post
          I was hoping that boondock would you know like....wash my car......or something.
          Thats right folks sign up to be an SM now and Browna3 will send you a box full of brownies:icon20:. But wait theres more Socomseal will personally deliver to you a free 40 inch etch a sketch to put next your monitor so that your monitor seems inferior :icon_eek:. Oh and marine will give you a free life time supply of hugs
          |TG-73rd|Socomseal
          |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

          "Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

          Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Become a Supporting Member

            May I suggest the most important perk is the warm feeling you get on the inside knowing your donation assists in keeping the unique spirit of TG alive.

            We can all give our time for free but the unfortunate economic reality is electric and hosting bills have to be paid somehow.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Become a Supporting Member

              Originally posted by socomseal93 View Post
              Oh and marine will give you a free life time supply of hugs
              Heh, that's ok, I guess. I was hoping for a free ride in his TOW HMMWV. I'd go Platinum. :)

              But seriously, I definitely get that warm feeling. Its pretty much the exact opposite feeling from paying taxes, at least you know your moneys going somewhere good. :D

              Unfortunately ArmA can't support the SM reserved slots on the servers, but other games do. Put that together with the IHS memberships, free e-mail / FTP space, extra forum privileges, priority in events, being able to become TG admins and several other things I'm sure exist but I just haven't found yet and you've got ALOT of stuff for $9 a month.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Become a Supporting Member

                Originally posted by socomseal93 View Post
                Thats right folks sign up to be an SM now and Browna3 will send you a box full of brownies:icon20:. But wait theres more Socomseal will personally deliver to you a free 40 inch etch a sketch to put next your monitor so that your monitor seems inferior :icon_eek:. Oh and marine will give you a free life time supply of hugs
                and Sold!
                When can I expect delivery?
                The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse. EDMUND BURKE 1771

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Become a Supporting Member

                  will all due respect, if you like me to become a supporting member i would at least expect a smooth online gameplay which hasn't been the case lately. It's funny that i opened up a thread about lag then i saw this post afterward :-)
                  sigpic

                  ATI 4870 1GB Cat. 9.11 | Windows 7 7100 64 | RAID 0 640GB | TrackIR 5 | Saitek Cyborg Evo Wireless | The Logitech® G9 Laser Mouse
                  let freedom ring with a shotgun blast

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Become a Supporting Member

                    Look at it this way, if you contribute money then perhaps we could upgrade our server so its less laggy.
                    |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                    |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

                    "Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

                    Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Become a Supporting Member

                      Understand Arma 2 is still new, Hasn't been out a year yet, as BI improves we will.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Become a Supporting Member

                        What do you expect when there's 50 people playing on the server.One way is to make the servers addon free to play, but thats not going to happen.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Become a Supporting Member

                          Originally posted by InFireBaptize View Post
                          will all due respect, if you like me to become a supporting member i would at least expect a smooth online gameplay which hasn't been the case lately. It's funny that i opened up a thread about lag then i saw this post afterward :-)
                          I understand where you are coming from I really do. But you also need to realize that the people that run everything here need all of the help they can get. Thats where we the players come in. And im sorry, not being a supporting member and complaining about needing change is like not voting and complaining about the president. You had the opportunity to have your voice heard but you chose not too.

                          [unit][squadl][command2]

                          KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Become a Supporting Member

                            Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                            I understand where you are coming from I really do. But you also need to realize that the people that run everything here need all of the help they can get. Thats where we the players come in. And im sorry, not being a supporting member and complaining about needing change is like not voting and complaining about the president. You had the opportunity to have your voice heard but you chose not too.
                            Haha Dredge I could really get off-topic and talk about why I disagree with your voting analogy so much, but I'll avoid the temptation. :P

                            Is the server laggy for you every time? It's not always laggy for me. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. The only real way to eliminate lag is going to be to throw a big LAN party. No matter how nice the server is or how big of a pipe the arma server is connected to, it will still be susceptible to lag.

                            I understand your point, but I don't think a "lag-free" server is really what TG is "selling" when you buy a membership. As has been already said, they are selling priority access to events, an email account, access to private forums, etc. If those services are not something you think is worth paying for, then nobody is compelling you to do so. You are still free to play on the servers as much as you want, provided a slot is available. Hard to complain about that I would think. ;)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Become a Supporting Member

                              Originally posted by Miles View Post
                              Haha Dredge I could really get off-topic and talk about why I disagree with your voting analogy so much, but I'll avoid the temptation. :P

                              Is the server laggy for you every time? It's not always laggy for me. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. The only real way to eliminate lag is going to be to throw a big LAN party. No matter how nice the server is or how big of a pipe the arma server is connected to, it will still be susceptible to lag.

                              I understand your point, but I don't think a "lag-free" server is really what TG is "selling" when you buy a membership. As has been already said, they are selling priority access to events, an email account, access to private forums, etc. If those services are not something you think is worth paying for, then nobody is compelling you to do so. You are still free to play on the servers as much as you want, provided a slot is available. Hard to complain about that I would think. ;)
                              i don't need any of the above mentioned services, just give me a lag free server :-)
                              sigpic

                              ATI 4870 1GB Cat. 9.11 | Windows 7 7100 64 | RAID 0 640GB | TrackIR 5 | Saitek Cyborg Evo Wireless | The Logitech® G9 Laser Mouse
                              let freedom ring with a shotgun blast

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X