Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A couple of A10 and other aircraft (including rotary wing) things...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of A10 and other aircraft (including rotary wing) things...

Howdy.
    just wondering is there any way to fully decide who you lock onto when in an aircraft? When im in an apache or cobra and im the gunner with an AI pilot he tells me what to target and i see a little red box appear on it. I then hit tab and if there is more than 3 valid targets it will only switch between 2 of them when i repeatedly hit tab. Is there some way to cycle through all the targets?

And as for the A10: What is the non bullet drop range of the cannon? Ive noticed that under 2KM is notmally OK but at this point your dangerously close to enemy ground fire. Over 2KM i find it hard to hit targets very accurately (i can still destroy them) and waste rounds.

And a side note: Will ace2 be putting proper aiming screens into aircraft for ground attack? Im sure the A10 has a DLIR panel somewhere in it....
    Nihility

Re: A couple of A10 and other aircraft (including rotary wing) things...

The pilot and the gunner spotting is crap tbh :P the pilot sees targets that the gunner cant see and the gunner sees targets the pilot cant see, no way to lock them unless the cobra moves

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
    So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

The thing with the A-10 cannon is it's bullets disappear after traveling around 3km I think so it's only useful 3km or closer (which is stupid imo).

And the tab targeting is... frustrating to say the least, not much you can do about it.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
      In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Mando missiles works really good... u "lock" on targets by aiming the laser dasignator on it till the missile hit the target. Dont know how realistic is, cause im not a Cobra pilot, but its cool and not frustrating as the stock cobra...

dont know if there's a A2 version yet...

Comment

Originally posted by Sorvete View Post
          Mando missiles works really good... u "lock" on targets by aiming the laser dasignator on it till the missile hit the target. Dont know how realistic is, cause im not a Cobra pilot, but its cool and not frustrating as the stock cobra...

dont know if there's a A2 version yet...
          Yeah that sounds like the number 3 missiles in the PR atk helis.

Im just pissed you cant cycle all available targets....it would make sense.

Oh no a tungusta!! But for some reason it will only let me lock onto the tractor and the BMP = fail :(
          Nihility

Comment

as far as I know, in a real cobra, the on board computer scans all targets, lists them in order of danger or importance and then tells the pilots...this is a feature I would love to see in ace 2 but it cant be done I would think

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
            So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X