For people thank want to try CO/SL, READ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For people thank want to try CO/SL, READ

While helping out a member here I referred him to a few things that I always read and brush up on so I decided to post them here and share with every one. The first is historical Infantry Tactics. It helps to know what has worked through out the years the second is from FM 7-8 an Army Field Manual that is still used in the Infantry today. (I still have a copy of the actuall manual in my book shelf. lol)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infantry_tactics - Historic Infanty Tactics

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...7-8/index.html - FM 7-8 Infatry Rifle Platoon and Squad

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Re: For people thank want to try CO/SL, READ

What about Dslyecxi's guide?

(One of these days, Dslyecxi, I will be able to spell your name the first time I type it >_< haha)

Comment

One thing to keep in mind with any RL manual is that you've got to understand that not all of the knowledge will apply or translate to the gaming experience. That can be for many reasons: limitations of the game technology, the different needs and motivations of gamers vs. actual soldiers/Marines, etc. So when absorbing lessons from manuals and RL AARs you should try to pass them through the filter of your own experience playing ArmAx before drawing any conclusions. Oh, and the playing experience of others too.

Comment

I take a lot of my stuff from the Ranger handbook, easy to understand and execute.
        |TG|Ghost02
        TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Originally posted by Fer View Post
          Oh, and the playing experience of others too.
          Not just this but also reflecting on one's own previous experience. In my opinion nothing will make you a better leader on the field than just experiencing it first hand. It seems people are often shy about stepping up to take leadership positions because they feel they will let their teammates down or wipe everyone out. While this may or may not be the case when you first take on the responsibilities, nothing will improve you skills more than experiencing such failures and learning from them.

Comment

Water, where the hell have you been?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." - R. E. Lee

Comment

I'm just waiting for ACE2 before I step into ArmA2 servers.

Comment

Everyone makes good points. I understand that we cant use the Army SOP's and FM's the full way because of the game HOWEVER its good to get ideas. I have taken a leadership position MANY times both in game and in Iraq and I know how this information can make/break a mission and kill/save soldiers lives. I was just putting it up so people can read and come up with thier own ideas. Get some good materiel for a good command base that you can add on later.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

lol oh god dredge is posting again, dont they go over fraud waste and abuse briefings with you guys lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Boondocksaint View Post
                    lol oh god dredge is posting again, dont they go over fraud waste and abuse briefings with you guys lol.
                    yeah but i sleep. its not MY fault the gave me a computer with interweb and put in behind a desk 8 hours a day with nothing else to do......So i post in the TG forum and get paid by the government.....

HEY EVERYONE! HERE IS YOUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK! roflmao

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X