Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG Mod Pack Update

there has been a major update to the modpack

we are now using yoma sync to distribute the mod, this means that you must have download the mod pack. However you do not need to use yoma sync to launch your arma2 game

changes include:

Sound fix for the british weapon pack
    Namalsk island
    Map editor upgrade
    SLA units and vehicles
    Desrt Mercs and terrorist pack
    Little birds
    Kiowa Warrior
    RH M4/M16 weapon pack
    Omon units

in the latest beta version for yomasync, click on Default Servers at the very top menu bar, go down to Tactical gamer and it will work.

please note that if alot of people use it at the same time, download speeds will slow.

you can now also use the TG mirror,

add a new server then put:
    http://www.tacticalsites.com/~arma/updater/modpack.7z

in the auto config url, press import server and it should automaticly include the correct info.

also a zip file will be uploaded for those people who do not wish to use yoma sync

oh yes for any mission makers, i will upload all the class names into a txt file soon.
    :row__523:

UPDATE: Those having trouble should visit this thread for complete, step-by-step instructions. Browna has also fixed the original problem, so we're using AddonSync 2009 now.

Last edited by MarineSeaknight; 11-17-2009, 08:09 PM.

Re: Tg mod pack update

YEY!!!!

some of my suggestions got accepted!!!

Desert mercs

Sapientiam Autem Non Vincit Malitia

Comment

OMON, LittleBirds and editor upgrade! Whohoo!

MISSION MAKERS TAKE NOTE. UNDOCUMENTED ADDITION IS A DISPOSABLE-ADDON. NO MORE NEED FOR DISPOSABLE-SCRIPTS.

Oh, and it looks like we got Bundeswehr-mod as well! :D

Comment

Can we not still use it the same way as the old one? IE install the modfolder, update the launch options in steam?

Comment

Yes, you can launch it just as before. I myself will keep using shortcuts to start the game since I dislike launcher-tools.

However Yoma will be *the* new way to keep your TG mod updated, which I personally consider good. TG has taken a step in the right direction of staying technologically up to date. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Adiventure View Post
            Can we not still use it the same way as the old one? IE install the modfolder, update the launch options in steam?
            Same question.
            |TG|Ghost02
            TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

I can't find the "Kiowah warroior" at Armaholic.com

And this yoma Arma Addon Synchroniser is a bit difficult to use...

Comment

Originally posted by W-Cephei View Post
                I can't find the "Kiowah warroior" at Armaholic.com

And this yoma Arma Addon Synchroniser is a bit difficult to use...
                that because i suck at spelling!

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6407

Comment

If I am reading this right, ppl will be pulling the new mod pack directly off the game server? Wont this cause major lag if alot of ppl are playing and a bunch more are grabbing the files?
                  The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse. EDMUND BURKE 1771

Comment

Guys, Yoma is both for you and for TG as a system. If everyone have to download the complete mod pack every time there's an update, or they have to keep track of making proper patches and stuff for people to download, then it'll both be more cumbersome for the end user in the long run, and it'll soak much more of TG's bandwidth (and thus money).

To get started with Yoma, install it, and then do it like this:

1) New Server: In the middle top of the program you can add a new server. Do so.

2) Addon Server: Set the server name to TacticalGamer or whatever you see suitable (more specifically Alpha or Bravo if you want to use Yoma as launcher tool) and paste the URL from the first post in this thread into the Addon server URL

3) (OPTIONAL) Game Server: If you want to use Yoma as launcher this is where you add the IP, port and password for the game server to connect to it instantly at game launch.

4) Settings: Go to the Settings tab and set the Arma directory to Your ArmA2 install folder. Direct the Arma.exe location to your ArmA2\arma2.exe or ArmA2\beta\arma2.exe depending on if you use the beta or not.

5) Syncronize: Go to the Syncronize tab, chek so that the Local addon folder points at the folder you want to, then Compare and Download the files. It'll sort itself.

6) Launch Game: Go to the Launch Game tab, select the addons you want to use, select the launch parameters you want to use. Play.

Comment

Originally posted by browna3 View Post
                      that because i suck at spelling!

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6407
                      yeah, I already have this chooper!
                      in fact, I already have all the addons in the Update.. except the SLA pack ehehehe

Im just download again to make sure that I got the last version of all addons in the pack

Comment

the mod pack is being hosted on the FTP.

The ftp does not effect the server as the files are not stored on the arma server

Comment

No real need Cephei. Yoma will scan all your addon folders and see if you have up-to-date .pbo files. If they are up to date Yoma won't download new ones. NOTE HOWEVER THAT THEY DON'T HAVE TO BE IN THE @TGMODPACK DIRECTORY, SO EITHER MOVE THEM OR MAKE SURE TO LAUNCH ALL ADDONS THAT @TGMODPACK USES.

Comment

browna3; Gotcha.
                            Now to figure this out with Steam and still maintain control.
                            The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse. EDMUND BURKE 1771

Comment

Yea, little confused on what steam players should do
                              |TG-Irr| Charlie Foxtrot

"Beyond this place of wrath and tears
                              Looms but the Horror of the shade,
                              And yet the menace of the years
                              Finds and shall find me unafraid."

Nominate Someone For A Ribbon Today

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement