Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prisoners of War (TG Ethics and Practice Question)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Prisoners of War (TG Ethics and Practice Question)

Originally posted by Dredge
    THIS IS TACTICAL GAMER! We are better than this!

Dredge
    TACTICAL GAMER

/waits to shake hands with longtime,lowspeed, barnes, and everyother member of |TG|
    No harm, no foul. Drinks are on me. This goes to all of you which took part in this discussion. My pay from 7th Brigade 'Pegasus' of SWC should suffice it's not much but i can drink tonic since I'm supposed to be a "gentlemen and a former officer" (I think in the US they call it "Med-20", I don't know it has been a long time. For you civillians thats Medical discharge)

Sidenote:
    My experience there to me was an honor and a priviledge. I live a different life now.
    That being said.
    I would ask all of you to respect that, and refrain from asking question as to what I did, and what happened etc. I supposed I could be technically called as a former operator, but I will not and can not accept that honor, that honor belongs to my brothers thousands of miles away from me and those in the community.
    Thank you.

p.s. English is not my first language. Probably why, I didn't quite get through well the 1st time around.
    p.p.s. Also, please try to cope with this non-native English speaker on the server if you can. I always have to translate in my mind quickly and then rethink it and then I would speak...normally. Thanks
    Last edited by LowSpeedHighDrag; 11-20-2009, 01:37 AM.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

can we put you in subtitles?

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Its ok low its not dredges first language either lol

Comment

See now we are moving in the right direction! Carefull lowspead i might buy a plane ticked and take you up on that offer!

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

A consideration for you to muse on....

If you really like TG and you really respect your fellow gamers then try once in a while to play for THEM rather than you.

What does that mean? Sometimes I get on domination and my heart sinks a little because I am sick of it, however I will grit my teeth and play not for my enjoyment but because others are having fun.

If we all gave a little and played hardcore mode and pub mode and ohmugodhotmachinahassquadlead mode even if we dont want too, then we all get a little of what we want.

And really isnt that what life is about?

*passes the peace pipe*

Comment

*takes a hit on the pipe*

My thoughts exactly...........where are the funions? OH!.......Mountain Dew!

Lets all just forget these last few pages/posts happend and start gaming again. We are all friends here. I consider everyone here my friend even though i haven't met you.

*passes the peace pipe*

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Hmmm dredge hitting the peace pipe (calling JDET friends at APG) lol

Comment

you see there Hotmachina? there is ALWAYS one.

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

LowSpeedHighDrag, Branes et al,

No apologies are necessary from anyone. LowSpeed I did understand your issues a lot better after second post.

I have been away from forum on family emergency real time but I want to thank everyone for their responses. I will probably stay in touch with BoondockSaint as he has a special interest in the subject and we are looking up some stuff related to this topic but ... I believe that the question has been fully fleshed out here.

You guys and your questions made me go back and do some research to make sure I actually understood my concerns based on training I had years ago in the Vietnam era.

As I am sure many of you are aware, I did start the thread with acknowledgment that I understood that this was "just a game". Nonetheless there are things we do here to increase realism and because it is good soldering. My favorite is teaching new players to safety their weapons during the initial organizational stuff at base ... why ... it is only a game ... who cares if they accidentally shoot another player. We do it to increase immersion and realism.

My original question was based on at least two separate game events and a video on youTube, all three of which involved "prisoner of War" status. All three evoked exactly the same confused responses from the capturing forces. I thought/think this is interesting.

I am not proposing super realism. My question was simply with this happening "what would be an appropriate TG player response?"

It may be that Falcon762's response of making sure the walls were higher and unescapable and his thread on respawn and ingame entertainment after death are the correct direction.
                    In any case, I think my questions have been answered and the conversation seems to be wandering.

I am content if a moderator would like to close this thread and we will move on. If you have an abiding interest in the topic like BoondockSaint, send me an email and I/we will share anything more we find in private.

Mostly, thanks everyone who participated in the discussion.

Hmmm .. looks like I can close the thread as its creator. I am doing so ... I think it has served its purpose.
                    "The unexamined life is not worth living". Socrates. "The unlived life is not worth examining". |TG| tiggr

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X