TG Mod Pack - Yoma AddonSync Info *Outdated*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG Mod Pack - Yoma AddonSync Info *Outdated*

ATTN: This thread is NOT CURRENT as of 12/7/09. TG is now running only the ACE2 Mod on both its servers! Please see this thread for more information.

This thread is Step Two of How to get started with ArmA2 at TG. If you are completely new to TG and want to make sure you have all the right mods and patches, please visit that thread first, then come back here for Step Two.

Step 2) Download and install the TG mod pack using Yoma's automagical AddonSync.

2A. Download the most recent version of Yoma's AddonSync from here.

2B. Run the AddonSync program and click the "New Server" button at the top.

2C. Now you should be in the "Server" tab of the 3 tabs in the upper-left, "Server", "Download addons", and "Launch game". You should also be in the "Auto configuration" tab of 5 sub-tabs that appear lower near the middle.

2D. Paste this exact link into the "Auto config URL" box (2nd box from the top):
    Code:
    http://www.tacticalsites.com/~arma/updater/modpack.7z
    (Alpha Server)
    or
    Code:
    http://www.tacticalsites.com/~arma/updater/modpackbravo.7z
    (Bravo Server)
    Then click on the "Import Server" button to the right of that box.

2E. A new Favorite Server named "Tactical Gamer" should have been created.

Now, click on the "Download addons" tab of the 3 tabs near the top-left that were mentioned in 2B. With that tab open, go through the buttons on the left and press "Check for addons". When that finishes press "Download addons". You are now downloading the official TG Mod Pack.

When all of the individual addons in the download list finishes, check them over to see if any of them were missed. Every addon in that list should be highlighted with green with Status "Ok".

2F. Of the three tabs mentioned in the prior step, click on the "Launch game" one now. In the bottom-left corner, you will see two buttons. Click on the one that says "Add modset".

A window titled, "Modset configuration : (Tactical Gamer)" should have popped up. On the left, check-mark the box next to "@tgmodpack", and then enter "Modset name" in the middle-top box with something like "TG Mod Pack". Click "Save" in the bottom-right, and you should be back to the "Launch game" tab.

Lastly, in the left window you should see the words "TG Mod Pack", or whatever you selected as your Modset name. Click on those words and they should become highlighted, and a "@tgmodpack;" should have appeared in the box under that one, titled "Mods to use for launch".

After finishing the rest of the steps, launch the game by clicking on the "launch arma" button in the bottom-right.

2G. You are finished! Now click here to travel back to the "How to get started" thread and continue until you complete all the steps there.

___
    Yoma's AddonSync allows TG to update its Mod Pack and make the update available instantly with the click of a button. Every once in a while, or when you find that you are unable to connect to the TG servers, make sure to check for updates by repeating step 2E, checking for and downloading new addons. The updates will usually be small and minor, and you will be able to play upon completion of the new downloads.
    Last edited by MarineSeaknight; 12-10-2009, 08:14 PM.

| |

Re: TG Mod Pack - Yoma AddonSync Info

Thanks all for setting this up, but I have found a little problem.

If you make any changes (renaming the server to Tactical Gamer Alpha, adding the game server ip, teamspeak ip for example) these are kept only until the next time you press "check for addons". I believe this is because these values are defined by the autoconfig URL you posted (the tacticalsites modpack.7z link).

I personally suggest (barring a better solution) having separate autoconfig URLs for Alpha and Bravo, with separately defined names and the game/teamspeak IPs defined within. Otherwise, even if someone only uses Alpha, they will have to re-enter the IP addresses every time they have checked for addons.
    "Can't waste a day when the night brings a hearse
    So make a move and plead the fifth 'cause you can't plead the first."

Interesting Articles__________News
    tinyurl.com/PipelineGeopolitics_____prisonplanet.com
    tinyurl.com/USTrainGeorgia_______globalresearch.ca
    tinyurl.com/Rumsfeld-GeorgianDM__engdahl.oilgeopolitics.net
    tinyurl.com/Georgia3rdinIraq

Comment

make sure you press save, i just changed the port info for yomas mirror, restarted and it was fine.

Comment

It keeps port info, teamspeak passwords etc. but loses the things I mentioned above.

Comment

tbh as its only the port that changes i dont think its too much of a big deal, but i'll look at making another config for alpha server

Comment

But as I said, currently even if you just use the one config, and only have one favorite in AddonSync ("Tactical Gamer" that refers to the Alpha Server) you will have to re-input the IPs of the game server and TS server every time you check for addons. I'm talking about a situation where you dont even use Bravo at all. I can post a pic if it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by fireship4 View Post
              Thanks all for setting this up, but I have found a little problem.

If you make any changes (renaming the server to Tactical Gamer Alpha, adding the game server ip, teamspeak ip for example) these are kept only until the next time you press "check for addons". I believe this is because these values are defined by the autoconfig URL you posted (the tacticalsites modpack.7z link).

I personally suggest (barring a better solution) having separate autoconfig URLs for Alpha and Bravo, with separately defined names and the game/teamspeak IPs defined within. Otherwise, even if someone only uses Alpha, they will have to re-enter the IP addresses every time they have checked for addons.
              Server name is indeed overwritten, so admins can change it remote (e.g. Tactical Gamer Ace 1.07 becomes Tactical Gamer Ace 1.08 etc)

Server IP is also overwritten, also server port is overwritten same for TSIP and TSPort.

This way when server ip changes, the admin can simply change the stuff in Addonsync without having to warn 50 people.

Basically the goal is for serveradmin to set the game IP and port!

The repo file can be copied and altered manually if you just want to add another repo for the second server.
              (Again this work is meant to be done admin side, not userside)

If no game ip/port are stored on a server, it's best to leave it as a download only server and simply add the server via the gamespy query. This way downloading will not interfere with game server settings.

For simplicity i would advise to enter the game server ip and port and TS ip and port.

Comment

Ok Yoma, thanks for the solution, we can do it that way until the IPs etc. are added.

Thanks by the way for writing the tool, it looks to be something that will make a lot of things easier.

Comment

added a bravo link so you can now have an alpha and a bravo launcher/checker

Comment

Browna, have you added the game server IP/ports to the autoconfigs yet? They are still being overwritten (to become blank).

Adding the TS IP/port would be good too.

Comment

read first post, has been updated

Comment

Thanks browna3, TS IP still missing though. Do you also plan to change the name of the first modpack?

Comment

Is there anyone way to make Addon Sync scan another folder for the mods required?

I have all the TG addons mixed in with some of my own addons, but when I update the addons with Addon sync it creates a new folder and redownloads everything

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
                          So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

what do you see?
                            if you can post a screenshot il be able to help you more

Comment

In the next version (v1.0.36) you'll be able to select a specific download folder for each server.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X