Alpha server in-game voice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpha server in-game voice

The past two days I've joined the Alpha server for a coop mission, and both times my in-game von was inactive. TS was working just fine.

I think ArmaII will only show your name for in-game von if you are actually transmitting. My name would pop up for only a second, despite my continued transmission attempt.

I used both the original and updated version of the TGmodpack, but I have not yet tested ArmaII von in another server. I will this evening, unless someone has a similar experience and knows the fix.

I use the Steam version of ArmaII and have seen threads on steam/arma von conflicts. I do not use Steam von.

My in-game von was working this past weekend.
    http://www.legionofsparta.com

Re: Alpha server in-game voice

Arma2 VON has basically two modes of activation:
    1. Push-to-talk with voice activation
      You have to hold down the push-to-talk key to transmit, but it won't actually send anything unless you also speak.
    2. Voice activation
      Double-tap the push-to-talk key and you'll see a small icon on the lower left-hand side corner. This means voice-activation is on and you'll transmit whenever you speak.

Comment

double check your controlls and make sure the key you have it set to is working and not messing up i/e able to be depressed all the way

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Fincuan View Post
        Arma2 VON has basically two modes of activation:
        1. Push-to-talk with voice activation
          You have to hold down the push-to-talk key to transmit, but it won't actually send anything unless you also speak.
        2. Voice activation
          Double-tap the push-to-talk key and you'll see a small icon on the lower left-hand side corner. This means voice-activation is on and you'll transmit whenever you speak.
        I understand how the keys are mapped, and they were working as previously mapped (1xcaps PTT, 2x caps lock VON open, audio-cue transmit).

The caps key has that added advantage of an indicator light on my keyboard to let me know it is depressed. As well, Arma2 identified me as attempting to transmit via my name appearing for a brief moment, and the mike locked open symbol (for audio cue-transmit instead of PTT)

Any conflicts with the TGmodpack?

My post is a little premature because I haven't tested PTT or VON in another server, so I'll wait on troubleshooting further until I've done so.

Comment

No, the modpack won't affect VON so it's not that. Have you tried Arma2 von without TS running in the background?

Comment

try remapping your PTT. I use Left Control. I had the same kind of conflict trying to use the Caps for both. That might help.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Might be TeamSpeak that is screwing you over. For some people it just doesn't work with TS and VON at the same time. Don't ask me why, because this far I don't think anyone really knows. :/

Comment

On the higher difficulty settings it doesn't show your name when you hold down the push to talk button in the in-game VON.

Comment

There could be another reason: you weren't talking loud enough.
                  While an auto cut-off volume system is usually deactivated with push-to-talk (in TS, if you press your PTT key, your mic will transmit even if the mic is not picking up any sound), in ArmA that system is ALWAYS active: as such a minimum volume is required, otherwise your mic will turn off even if you press your PTT button.

Check the official BI forums for more info.
                  sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

I checked the von in a server it was working on last week. I remapped the keys, quit TS and restarted Arma 2, I upped the audio-radio volume, I just about swallowed the mike. No dice. Bugger.

I'll poke around the BI forums for anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Nner View Post
                      On the higher difficulty settings it doesn't show your name when you hold down the push to talk button in the in-game VON.
                      All difficulty settings should show the name of whoever is speaking over VON. I was informed that was changed a long time ago.

| |

Comment

Originally posted by MarineSeaknight View Post
                        All difficulty settings should show the name of whoever is speaking over VON. I was informed that was changed a long time ago.
                        You might need to recheck that.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

This was my next failed attempt to fix, but it makes sense why it didn't work.

I found a suggested fix at TS. Open Settings ->Options->Other and enable the ticbox to Disable Direct Input. This controls how TS recognizes PTT and bindings. Because my Arma2 PTT keys are still activating via the PTT symbol in-game, I didn't think the box would work (and it didn't).

A quick search at the BI forums offered the above fix and not much else. If anybody has a suggestion, I'm all ears.

BTW, I should note that I can HEAR von just fine in game, I just can't transmit.

Comment

It works again, but I have no idea why. I installed Win 7 on Friday evening. Following system-critical installations I put on AII and TS (AII as a copy&Paste from an ext. HD back to my reinstalled steam commapps folder).

VON didn't work. Crap.

Today, VON worked. Huzzah! I wish I knew why.

Comment

Dont question the ArmA gods just give them your sacrifice of old motherboards and speakers and move on.............and don't look them in the eyes. they hate that

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X