Large Game Comm Solutions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large Game Comm Solutions

So I was thinking today about how we can improve our communication for large scale mission/events. The solution I came up with is based on how we organize our comms in the military. We need to use TS to its full potential. What this means is we need the command in one TS channel (command channel) Then the units below them in a different TS Channel. If its a large squad the 2 fire teams have thier own seperate channel. When the CO puts an order out over TS the squadleaders will issue the orders to their fireteam leaders via group chat. Then the individual fire teams can talk amongst themselves in TS. If they need the other fire team or the SL they use group. I think it might free up alot of the residual chatter on the VoN net as well as TS net.

Thoughts?

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Re: Large Game Comm Solutions

It was exactly that way before BIS corrected VON bugs.
    The only problem is see is the lack of Direct Comms, cause some players cant run TS and the ingame voice at the same time.

Comment

To me it sound like a really good way to combine TS and ingame VON for cleaner coms, and this would make it alot easier with the coms for fire teams. If I remember right you can use channel comander somehow to communicate inbetween channel commanders, I think it read it in Dslyecxi's guide but not 100% shure.
      "Somethimes it feels like life sucks, but you still got to make the best of it.."

Comment

Or:
        Commander uses command to communicate with squadleaders
        Squadleaders use group to communicate with their ftls
        FTLs use direct to communicate with their fireteams.

The only drawback here is pilots or other important supporting elements who aren't leaders in their group, at which point they need to resort to using side. Other than that this has imho worked really well in several missions now that VON actually works pretty well. A bigger problem than the technicalities of comms is that people need to learn to use them properly. Now there's normally way too much traffic, and if it doesn't follow a proper comms protocol there's no comms system that can effectively handle it.

Comment

You can still hear other people on VoN though. Say im in command chat i can hear people talking in group or whatever. Its not as loud as the channel im in but its still there.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Do you mean the "direct effect", ie. when people speak on the radio others close to them hear the same in direct even if it's going to a radio-channel they aren't listening?

Comment

can you make one channel for pilots and have them enable the command communication so they can hear the commanders. Also organize TS into opfor/blufor then down to fireteams.
              sigpic

ATI 4870 1GB Cat. 9.11 | Windows 7 7100 64 | RAID 0 640GB | TrackIR 5 | Saitek Cyborg Evo Wireless | The Logitech® G9 Laser Mouse
              let freedom ring with a shotgun blast

Comment

Finc you got a poin, but if the problem is people not knowing the technicalities of comms then I would suggest the TG Arma admins to sit down and decide a easy radio procedure for players to follow.

Zedic posted a post one a while back and it explains radio callsigns and procedures really good but its also a bit to advanced for some.
                "Somethimes it feels like life sucks, but you still got to make the best of it.."

Comment

Originally posted by Fincuan View Post
                  Do you mean the "direct effect", ie. when people speak on the radio others close to them hear the same in direct even if it's going to a radio-channel they aren't listening?
                  yes. if you are far enough away its no problem but if not you hear 2345235344 conversations lol

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Well, people like me can't use the in-game VON anyway. TS works perfectly for me, but I break up BADLY in-game, assuming people can hear me at all. Personally I'd love to use TS, but people like me are in a minority, so we just shut up in game and try to use the chat, which compared to voice comms is completely worthless.

As far as I've noticed everyone in Europe breaks up more or less on VON when on the TG server. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

I don't care either way. The reason all the europeans break up on VON is because the VON is P2P i think.

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Comment

the break up makes it hard to understand if someone from Europe is the squad leader!!
                        sigpic

ATI 4870 1GB Cat. 9.11 | Windows 7 7100 64 | RAID 0 640GB | TrackIR 5 | Saitek Cyborg Evo Wireless | The Logitech® G9 Laser Mouse
                        let freedom ring with a shotgun blast

Comment

Yeah, the VON is P2P. Just feels messed up that I'm practically forced to refrain from any kind of leader spot or vehicle crew spot, simply because I can't do a proper job since I can't use VON to talk to others. I don't care if I'm allowed to take a leader/crew spot with non-working really. I don't want to. It sucks to have to stop moving and lose all control over everything as soon as I want to say something, which one has to do quite a lot as leader.

It's so bad that unless I get a grunt-slot I'll probably drop from the server, since I'll do everyone a disservice by trying to lead when I have to type. So much for happily being a FTL or vehicle crew :S

Comment

Now I feel bad for ink since I know he got mad crazy leadership skills :(.

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Comment

yeah that sucks I like when ink leads, I liek the TS idea

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X