Mission Editing Classes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mission Editing Classes?

Been messing around with the ArmA editor since the German release of ArmA1. Feel like I know my way around the editor fairly well. Having said that i still don't think thats good enough to merit a release of any. Thought i trow this out there to see an maybe a good thing overall for mission development for TG. So just curious if it's been done in the past or possible for the future to see a editing class come to light?
    "It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle."
    "To show you what a difference retirement makes. Last year when I gave an order, 541,000 men and women jumped," he explained. "Now I can't even get the plumber to come over."
    Norman Schwarzkopf

Re: Mission Editing Classes?

I would like a crack at that whip.

Comment

This thread is relevant to my interests.

Comment

There has been one in the past. Let me talk to Carver and see what we can work out. I am sure we can get something set up.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
          There has been one in the past. Let me talk to Carver and see what we can work out. I am sure we can get something set up.
          That would be awsome as I'm nit picking around with an OFP"Red hammer" mission(Inland) that I'd really like to see finished an not just another session in the editor that ends up getting deleted.
          "It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle."
          "To show you what a difference retirement makes. Last year when I gave an order, 541,000 men and women jumped," he explained. "Now I can't even get the plumber to come over."
          Norman Schwarzkopf

Comment

Just a heads up to all future mission makers, there is a fantastic editing guide made by Mr-Murray for arma.

You can find it here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4847
            sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Its like the ArmA bible...........8)

*drool*

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

i was gunna do one, but then i decided to do it for 15th members only. We will hopefully finish it up this week then maybe with some help from another mission maker i could do one for you guys. The problem is im only 15 so I have almost no idea of when i can be on TS and the such so i would defiantly need someone else's help. or that someone else could do the whole thing.

Comment

I'm not interested in classes per say. What I am considering doing with the experience I've gained over the last year is to share it via a Pod cast with examples you can download.

Why Podcast? Because its the fastest way for me to create training material without a huge commitment in time to writing a Manuel, capturing, fixing and editing images, or editing video.. all time monsters. So, that will be the format if I commit to this in the future. You'll get a small lesson focus. And you would download an RAR which would contain the audio podcast recording of me talking about a subject. It would also include example missions you could open in your editor. The sample missions would be the focus. Don't think COMPLETE mission, but just a mission to open which would have an example of how to do something and I'd be talking about the example.

The best way to learn this stuff is to "do it". This is also the strength of the pod cast. You can follow along as I go.
                  Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

True but a little guidance never hurt no one either. How about a once a week meeting for people that have questions as to their project can have a sit down on TS with members of the Dev team and ask away? that could help too.

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

They can always just hop on TS or PM one of us during week. Personally, I just don't have much interest in heading up a class or committing to a certain time for a Q&A session. I think if we made the name of mission editors public (such as listed in the editing TS channel) people could identify us and PM us with questions. Forums have been put to good use too from what I've seen. These methods allow the people with experience to answer on their own time when they choose to and have it.

However, if you want to head something like that up, go for it. If I'm around during the time, I could participate.
                      Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

You are the bossman Carver :) Whatever you think needs to happen I will make happen. Can we put an uptodate list on the TS Mission Editor channel of all the mission editors and maybe set up sort of a questions box type thing? I know we have the forums but they get overrun sometimes.

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Reason i suggested this is well I'm still kinda new an dont feel comftorble just goin an asking anyone. I like the idea of the mission editing buddy system, what would be cool if there was a remote assistance type tool to allow more than 1 person in an editable mission at the same time would be awsomeness.
                          Norman Schwarzkopf

Comment

Well, ask on. Either on TeamSpeak, or send me a PM and I can invite you to a Skype editing chat if you prefer that. Or ask on the forum. Creating classes for editing is, at least as it seems to me, a HUGE task that'd take dozens of lessons to get anywhere with.

The best suggestions I can give is to get Mr. Murray's editing guide, frequently do visits and searches at the OFPEC and Bohemia Interactive ArmA2 editing forums, to open others' missions and look at them, and to ask when you feel you need to :)

Comment

Copy that got the guide also currently using F2, we'll cont work on mission I'm working on then we holler if i need the help then may send the file to one of u maybe as a QA purpose so da speak as I've never released one b4.
                              Norman Schwarzkopf

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X