No announcement yet.

What is needed for weekly Arma 2 games?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is needed for weekly Arma 2 games?

((I meant to make the Thread icon a Question mark, but can not seem to figure out how to edit it =\ ))

I have been hearing different reports and feelings on the state of Arma 2 in its current form. Having not played the first game I am not as up to date as I could be. I want to know what needs to happen to get you all interested in playing weekly TG events? This game has mega potential, but we usually seem to have only monthly events. So far I have heard something about a MOD called ACE?(spelling?) There is also some mention of the broken VOIP system creating a sub-par experience.

What is the story? I know this post is shout out to the general public, but maybe there is an ARMA admin or someone who knows the game better than I that can explain to me what is really needed.

"In a heartbeat, I will die for any one of you, if it means you will live to continue the mission"

Semper TG.
    Last edited by asch; 11-24-2009, 01:21 PM. Reason: Changed to question mark icon.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Re: What is needed for weekly Arma 2 games?

voip is fixed, ace2 is a mod that were looking forward to being released (its uber awesome) you need the TG mod pack

here: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/arma-2-...sync-info.html

and sign up event happen when admins have time to organise them (Hint there will be one soon :D)

sorry for the quick reply, but im busy, yet i thought you might like to know some answers

Comment

The main thing about events is they take awhile to set up. Mission commanders have to be selected and missions have to be planned. It is a bit of work. That is why they are planned so far in advance, to let the leadership get a plan together. (my oporder for the MODPACK release event took about a week) And yes we are all eagerly anticipating the release of ACE for ArmA 2 it greatly enhances the overall game play as well as the immersion into the mission. However, I am in the process of setting up a Bi-Weekly Bravo Server Mini-vent. This would allow the public gamers to play with the TG guys and hopefully bring some new faces to the Alpha side of the house.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Dimitrius, seriously, nothing is stopping YOU from posting a post for an unofficial gaming event. Anyone can do it. Just get the attention of the admin if you want to make the server passworded or have one present during it.

Most people don't realize this and to date no one has done it. It requires no special leadership skills. Just get in touch with admins if you want to have an event and play a particular mission. The admins are totally o.k. with this also, I've confirmed it.

So if you see some maps you want to play with 40 + people, by all means, get a hold of one, get in touch with admin and put up your post! Nothing is stopping you bro. Also, as head of the mission development team, if you wanted a mission modified to include our addons, or add more player slots, I'd be happy to get that done for you. just PM me about it.
        Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralCarver View Post
          Most people don't realize this and to date no one has done it.
          *AHEM*........strategically placed link

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X