Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG_Modpack addon remove thread

Alright guys,

I want to start out by saying I love Arma 2 and I really enjoy playing on the TG servers. I like the idea of having the TG Mod pack with the new vehicles, units and such. (especially from a mission editors point of view)

However it has come to my attention that whoever they are that decides an addon is suitable or not for the mod pack has really turned a blind eye on the quality of the addons. If this is to please certain parties in the TG arma community - I don't know. However being a fan of the quality vanilla arma provides - I feel it is unfair that these addons are added and better addons are left out.

Il give you an example:

The UKF Weapons Pack & UKF Landrovers - About 162mb of poor quality addons. Only in the Modpack so they can accompany the Cougar UK soldiers (which themselves are average) to provide a new Blufor force to play.

I don't know how other mission editers feel about these units but I have had a look at these addons and straight away decided I won't use them. They have average models average/bad textures and woeful sounds (that were hotfixed).

If we were to remove them It would leave the UK units without appropriate weapons so theory in if removed all the UK addons should go... (inc the UK chinook)- this would save us 254mb which could be put towards higher quality addons - Such as the RH pistol pack.

I do want add before someone slams me for being "Anti UK forces" that im British and I would love to have similar or perhaps even the same addons if they were revamped on par or better than vanilla Arma 2 addon quality.

On a seperate note General Carver has found a bug with Inko's AT4/RPG script that allows our new Merc units to fire unlimited rockets. Hopefully this can be resolved.

Re: TG_Modpack addon remove thread

I can add that the bug with the launchers seem to be that the mercs are configged in a very, very odd way. I'll write an update as soon as I can to fix that issue.

Comment

Yes we were well aware that the UK forces weapons were not of the highest quality. However, they work and that is the important part. We do have plans to replace them when a new UK weapons pack comes out. Think of these as a place holder. Now We could replace the UK forces all together but there are few things that would be good to replace them with IMO unless someone can tell me otherwise.
      |TG-73rd|Socomseal
      |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

No good UK soldiers in existance - yet. One dude is working on a friggin beautiful pack of Brits though, but there's no ETA on when it's done.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkompetent View Post
          No good UK soldiers in existance - yet. One dude is working on a friggin beautiful pack of Brits though, but there's no ETA on when it's done.
          I believe its stalker B and thats the pack were waiting on.
          |TG-73rd|Socomseal
          |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

The MH-60KS being entered 30 times, and the AT4 that has unlimited ammo. Also, some more ground based assets, it seems very air heavy. I don't like the British weapon packs either, the sights seem shocking, and the RAF Chinook gives me bad lag

Comment

There is so many BlackHawk helicopters and only difference you can see is the name in editor.

Maybe we can keep one BlackHawk with ropes, and take the others out?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X