SALUTE/ACE reports

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SALUTE/ACE reports

Guys when on the server try to implement this. It makes a commanders life a wee easier.
    Attached Files

Re: SALUTE/ACE reports

Maybe we can make a TG TACSOP that could in some way be incorporated into missions? As an extra tab as part of the briefing perhaps?

Comment

Direct transcription for those that can't view docs:

Originally posted by Boondock
      SIZE How large is the force
      ACTION Are they marching/Firing/Guarding
      LOCATION 8 Digit grid or landmark
      UNIT CDF/BLUFOR/OPFOR/CIV also vehicles fall under here T72/UAZ/M1A1
      TIME 2200 in game time
      EQUIPMENT
      Are they a heavy squad with RPG's/MG's or for vehicles is it a UAZ with a AGS/MG

After action give a ACE report

AMMO
      CASUALTY
      EQUIPMENT

Comment

What is this, now? Is this a format for a sitrep?

Comment

What is this, now? Is this a format for a sitrep?
          No!

SALUTE report: Given within 5 minutes of spotting some enemy.

SITREP: Given as needed/as requested by CO/at a specific time outlined in the mission and just gives an overview of your operations. Such as, what you're doing/have just done and what you plan on doing.

Comment

SALUTE is used with respect to "Reconaissance". It is not a "Contact Report" which is given after direct action with the enemy. Its very different.

Pro Patria

Comment

Originally posted by Zedic View Post
              SALUTE is used with respect to "Reconaissance". It is not a "Contact Report" which is given after direct action with the enemy. Its very different.
              Yep hes right, but for arma 2 this is better even if engaged then what we get now...Ummm like 3 dudes ummmm on the hill..ummmm Maybe opfor ummmmm lol

Comment

I'm all for it. Comms and reporting has been kind of sloppy lately.

Comment

We generally use this for markers in-game, though some people have been discouraging our guys from doing it. Format for it is as follows:

Ptrl A; CP1; 12EI; Walking NW; Spetz; 1339; 2RPG/2RPD

This translates to Patrol A, Checkpoint 1, 12 infantry that are walking northwest, they're spetznaz, they were spotted at 1339, and they have 2 RPGs and RPDs.
                  When this patrol hits its second checkpoint, all that's required is:
                  "Ptrl A; CP2; W; 1345" or "A, CP2, W, 1345"

In this manner, you can plot the course, type, and readiness level of every patrol, which comes in pretty handy when you're planning an infiltration or an attack.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." - R. E. Lee

Comment

I can imagine that would be hard to read for the average squad leader to understand.

Maybe an emergency SL course?
                    |TG|Ghost02
                    TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

The whole point is simply to get info across fast. I don't care how it's said or typed but it needs to be quick and precise

Comment

That's all well and good, but when the average squad-leader can't read it, it makes little practical use to be that concise.

Comment

We've practiced this within the 353rd practices, and I think that, properly used, it can make a world of difference.

All we need to do is perhaps practice some with it.

Comment

SALUTE/ACE is excellent, but for instant contact reports the absolute minimum in my opinion is:

BEARING, DISTANCE, BRIEF DESCRIPTION

My example reports:

1) a fireteam to our East, unaware of us

"contact, bearing 90, 200 meters, infantry times 4 with small arms not aware of our presence"
                            ...or the BAREBONES...
                            "contact, bearing 90, 200 meters"

2) a squad to our South, moving to engage us

"contact, bearing 180, 150 meters, full squad infantry times 15 with small arms they are engaging us"

3) an unidentified vehicle to our West

"contact, bearing 270, 200 meters, heavy vehicle moving north fast"

Comment

The cool thing about SALUTE and ACE reports is that it doesn't require a training in the concepts in order to understand them being given by others. If the forum users here try their best to use them when applicable, it will gradually catch on for the pubbers, and overall military realism and efficiency will increase. They will hear them and go "oh, thats how you do it" and imitate.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X