No announcement yet.

OA ACE + ACRE + TGMAPS - Live on Bravo!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OA ACE + ACRE + TGMAPS - Live on Bravo!

The time has come where TG is making the jump from vanilla OA to ACE OA. We will continue supporting vanilla OA via the Alpha server but right now we have OA bravo running ACE.

This brings me to my next point, We are now running ACRE which is a radio mod plugin for TS3 that allows us to use realistic radio procedures. We will be using ACRE on the Bravo server only so please make sure you have it set up/ To download and install ACRE visit this link http://arma2.tacticalgamer.com/

To download ACE put this http://arma2.tacticalgamer.com/updater/oa/@aceoatg.zip into your auto config in Yoma addonsync

Finally, TG will now be supporting Combined Operations, you must own a copy of both Operation Arrow head and ArmA2 in order to play on our servers.

Edits to the quick start guide wiki will be made with a step by step guide on how to get onto the TG OA ACE servers, this may be a few days though.
    |TG-73rd|Socomseal
    |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Re: Oa ace + acre

Awsome! Been waiting for this!

Comment

And for those of you that were trusted with the link early and decided to give it out freely you should all be ASHAMED of yourselves.

Thats all I have to say

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I would like to apologise for making the thread below (since deleted) announcing the ACE + ACRE release.
        I received the information 3rd hand and was under the impression that it was public knowledge (which, at this point it was) and admins hadn't gotten around to making a thread.
        Apologise for all toes stepped on.
        Nihility

Comment

Re: OA ACE + ACRE + TGMAPS - Live on Bravo!

A note to all users wishing to play on Bravo with OA ACE + ACRE.

We are only supporting Combined (OA+A2) content.
          We are not supporting any Beta Patches.
          Teamspeak 3 must be up to date.
          ACRE must be installed, via the installer first, and then run the YOMA second.
          After installing ACRE you must restart Teamspeak, and enable the ACRE Plugin.

OA Standalone is not supported, it can work, but it is not supported.
          The prefered install method is to have all the contents of your ArmA 2 Directory, be inside your Arrowhead Directory (standard non steam method)
          STEAM OA will not be supported unless you have imported all of your ArmA2 files into your STEAM OA folder.

Running a shortcut to your ArmA2 files from inside your OA directory will let you play A2 standalone, or A2+ mods.
          Running a shortcut to your OA files from the OA folder, with the A2 content included will let you play in combined mode w/o any additional modlines.

VON is to be limited to Command/Admin messages Primarily. Side is permitted for use in missions w/o radios included up until they are working with all maps.
          The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

So on a fresh install, what would be the best method for a all- steam a2/oa version?

1. Backup A2 content
            2. Fresh install OA only
            3. Copy backed up A2 content to OA folder
            4. Enable Combined Arms (via patch or steam?)
            5. Do the TG mod stuff.
            6. ???
            7. Profit!

I'd like to just have OA installed if it runs A2 fine with CA.

Comment

Holy crap, guys -- 2GB of files? Whew. Guess I'll be checking this out later this week. :)

Actually, a question: assuming a Steam install that follows ForGlory&Pain's instructions, do the full 2GB worth of patch files need to be installed via Yoma for both Arma 2 and OA, or just for OA?

Comment

Originally posted by ellF View Post
                Holy crap, guys -- 2GB of files? Whew. Guess I'll be checking this out later this week. :)
                Did you delete your @TGMaps folder from arma2 ace days? Thats the bulk of the instal.
                Nihility

Comment

I did not. That's more or less the gist of my edited comment: if someone already has Arma2 setup to play with ACE (i.e., updated via Yoma), which directories can be copied over and which need to be replaced?

Comment

For some reason it keeps saying that my Ace_keys are outdated, but I just got it from Yoma...

Sapientiam Autem Non Vincit Malitia

Comment

That happens to me too. I think it's because you edit the userconfig files or something like that. I just ignore it.

| |

Comment

Thats weird elf, it should just scan your TGMaps folder and make sure its the same as the one being used. When was the last time, prior to OA, being released that you updated ace with yoma?
                        Nihility

Comment

So, with a bit of testing, I've figured out what should be a relatively functional set of steps to go from a current Steam Arma2 and OA install over to an installation that will work with the new OA Bravo Server. These instructions assume ACRE is installed:

1. Open your Arma 2 directory in Steam/SteamApps. For me, this is D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2; it's apt to be in a different location for you depending on how you have Steam configured.
                          2. Select and copy (CTRL+C) all of the default files, as well as the @TGMaps directory.
                          3. Open your Arma2 Operation Arrowhead directory in Steam/SteamApps. For me, this is D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead; your mileage may vary.
                          4. Open up Addon Sync, and click Settings. Change the Arma2 directory and Arma 2 exe settings to point at your Operation Arrowhead directory and the Arma2.exe file within it, respectively.
                          5. Select the Favorite servers tab, then click New server. In Auto config URL, type http://arma2.tacticalgamer.com/updater/oa/@aceoatg.zip, then click Import server.
                          6. Select the Download addons tab, then Check for addons and Download addons.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by MarineSeaknight View Post
                            That happens to me too. I think it's because you edit the userconfig files or something like that. I just ignore it.
                            Well, I cant ignore it because I really cant use some features... like the interaction menu, throw grenades, FLIR....

Edit: Never mind, I managed to get it right

Edit2: The server is running with ACEX_SM, which the server doesn't need to run since it's clientside. Well, wouldn't be nice to minimize the server load to the max possible?
                            Last edited by W-Cephei; 07-19-2010, 08:19 PM.

Sapientiam Autem Non Vincit Malitia

Comment

When I try to start AO Combined after all the ace updated I get : "include file x\cba\addons\script macro_common.hpp not found" , now my game wont start

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X