Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many people have ran into "cant hear people" in ACRE?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many people have ran into "cant hear people" in ACRE?

And I am not talking about radio dropouts due to terrain. However, we have ran into a decent amount of people in other communities that don't realize its a hill "breaking their radio", not the plugin.

So, I present a poll. We need to know how prevalent this is to determine if its a plugin issue, performance issue, or addon issue. As we are not getting any actual reports on this from anyone past a select few who it is consistent for.
    I have yet to have this problem with the 1.0.3 plugin.
    50.00%
    I used to have this problem, but 1.0.3 fixed it.
    4.35%
    Sometimes I can't hear specific people on direct
    8.70%
    Sometimes I can't hear specific people on radio (standing next to me)
    6.52%
    Sometimes I cant hear specific people at all
    13.04%
    Sometimes you suck. ACRE BLOWS!
    17.39%

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
    Task Force Proteus

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done."

Re: How many people have ran into "cant hear people" in ACRE?

There are some people that I randomly can't hear when I play. Doesn't appear related to performance, I have seen it happen with as few as 3 people in a test on Charlie.

I am referring to direct, most of the time I hear nothing on the radio, although it appears to work for the first few minutes of the mission. DUring the mission I might hear a small segment of a message.
    Last edited by tyrspawn; 07-23-2010, 06:18 PM.

Comment

If someones speech is cut off in the middle abruplty or jumps in out of nowhere alluva sudden, is that a bug or intended? I'm unaware of their position but Within 200m ish. Would think there would be static / distortion involved in a drop like that and not crystal clear to nothing at all.

I put it down previously to the keys not pressed on the other side but it seems to happen often :/ Is this normal?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacezz View Post
        If someones speech is cut off in the middle abruplty or jumps in out of nowhere alluva sudden, is that a bug or intended? I'm unaware of their position but Within 200m ish. Would think there would be static / distortion involved in a drop like that and not crystal clear to nothing at all.

I put it down previously to the keys not pressed on the other side but it seems to happen often :/ Is this normal?
        This is involving Radios jah? Is it on Takistan? If so, then most likely its due to the low-power of their radio (148 is 100mW) and the terrain.

If not, then it is a bug and we'll have to find it :) I'll write it down for our testers.

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
        Task Force Proteus

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done."

Comment

I haven't had any problems myself, but have been in games where people have. I think some training courses should be done. Get people in game and teach them how to use it. Until then, if they aren't using it incorrectly and calling it broken, we wont know.

I also don't know the ranges or what all can interfere. Just think a solid FAQ and training sessions would iron out a lot of the problems.

Comment

Originally posted by jagrock View Post
            I haven't had any problems myself, but have been in games where people have. I think some training courses should be done. Get people in game and teach them how to use it. Until then, if they aren't using it incorrectly and calling it broken, we wont know.

I also don't know the ranges or what all can interfere. Just think a solid FAQ and training sessions would iron out a lot of the problems.
            yup. TFP will be holding its radio course soon (including "how to check your acre") and also we are writing a "comms planning" thing for our wiki.

Troubleshooting/FAQ wiki:
            http://dev-heaven.net/projects/a2ts3..._Bug_Reporting

I'll toss in some more information about signals, distances, etc. as well.

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
            Task Force Proteus

Comment

I cant hear people on direct sometimes. But if they use a radio I can hear them.
              And alot of the time i cant transmit on LR, only recieve.
              Nihility

Comment

To all our 'Sometimes i cant hear people on direct' voters, does a TS3 restart solve this issue?

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
                Task Force Proteus

Comment

If mission makers want to put in some debugging code that really isnt that painful to see then they can set this variable to true:

acre_sys_signal_showSignalHint = true;

Do that and a hint dialog will show up everytime you receive a signal and it will show the power levels and signal quality as well as information about heights and distances. This will even show at 0% strength to help you get an idea of things like if it is the terrain or not.

Comment

Originally posted by jaynus View Post
                    To all our 'Sometimes i cant hear people on direct' voters, does a TS3 restart solve this issue?
                    Not for me.

Comment

It gets confusing , sometimes it all works with the right people and missions, other times its a mixed bag of TS, directional direct and radio and then theres the everyone talking at once when it all breaks down. I am never surprised at what I hear or don't hear, just waiting til you get it sorted out or..... we drop it.

Comment

I sometimes forget to run TS as admin. The results vary from hearing everyone or a couple all the time on direct (not sure about radio). Once I restart TS as admin everything turns fine.

Comment

I had an odd issue last night while sling, one person in my squad couldn't hear anyone on direct or sr radio even while standing next to him. We had no problem hearing him.

Comment

works great for me now, I had some minor human error issues at first, but now its working nice. My only complaint is that there is a few good missions on our bravo server that do not have radio's available, therefore it makes it difficult to play the mission.

Comment

I don't mean this in a negative way towards anyone who has gone through such lengths to set this up for us; but ACRE is the reason I haven't played for the last week and a half. I can't stand it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X