This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACRE 1.0.5 Feedback and Review --- 7/26/10

This thread is for feedback and constructive Criticsim of the ACRE Modification running on the BRAVO TEST SERVER

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    ACRE 1.0.5 Installer **NEW** <--Link

Please shutdown Teamspeak, open your teamspeak/plugins folder.
    (c:\Program Files (x86)\Teamspeak 3 Client\Plugins) or (c:\Program Files\Teamspeak 3 Client\Plugins)
    Remove the old version of acre.dll and or acrex64.dll.
    Please delete your ArmA2OA @ACRE folder, along with @JayArmA2Lib

Run the 1.0.5 Installer "As Administrator"
    Run Teamspeak 3 "As Administrator"

Launch with Yoma
    or
    Manual Launch with the following modlines
    ArmA2OA.exe [email protected];@ace;@acex;@acex_sm;@acre;@jayarma2lib;@t gmaps -world=empty -nosplash

********IMPORTANT********
    **UNBIND your default VON key if it is CAPSLOCK. Also unbind the "voice activate toggle" key if it uses CAPSLOCK (by default it is CAPSLOCK x 2)

**From the ACRE wiki: "If this does not help [your PTT key problem], then most likely you have a conflicting key bind in ArmA2 or TS3. The default ArmA2 VON key is caps-lock, and this may cause interesting conflicts and issues."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

This thread is for feedback and constructive Criticsim of the ACRE Modification running on the BRAVO TEST SERVER
    Last edited by Dredge; 07-27-2010, 04:01 PM. Reason: Link Identification
    The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Re: ACRE 1.0.5 Feedback and Review --- 7/26/10

Only one bug at the moment, but its not a game breaker. We forgot to make an icon for the 117F, so you get a missing texture pop up if you have one and go to your gear screen, but then it works fine. This will be fixed shortly.

Comment

Thanks for that Impulse I have 1.0.5 installed now. And well done to the ACRE team for persevering through all the bugs (and abuse) to make it better :) Hopefully things will run smoother now

Comment

Why when I join TS3 and join a game inprogress sometimes I can hear everyone talking at the same time? A real mess.....

Other than that ACRE is really awesome and immersive!

---- Edit i9
        This should only persist for a JIP for the first 5 to 10 seconds, if longer, please confirm that your TS3 Plugins are Dated 7/26/10, along with your JayArmA2Lib.DLL.

If this continues past this point, remove the @ACRE and @JayArmA2Lib directories from your ArmA2OA directory, and then reinstall 1.05, reinsure the TS3 Plugins.

Comment

Impulse, I think you need to be more clear on one of the steps.

"Please delete your ArmA 2 @ACRE folder, along with @JayArmA2Lib".

Did you mean ONLY the ARMA2 @ACRE and @JayArma2Lib, OR did you mean the ones in the OA folder?

Pro Patria

Comment

Originally posted by Zedic View Post
            Did you mean ONLY the ARMA2 @ACRE and @JayArma2Lib, OR did you mean the ones in the OA folder?
            I think the ones in the Arma2 directory are not used at all, when you play OA. So he probably meant the OA directory (but it can't hurt to remove them from both).

Comment

I meant to say OA (thanks for the catch) ... Blame this on Steam.
              Traditional install method for everyone but Steam places OA content into your OA Directory.
              So, your OA Directory is your ArmA2 Directory.

Steam decided to make each game a full separate game and requires a convoluted install process or some sort of mangled kludge to get working properly with A2 and OA content.
              Steam was limited in their options for how to install since it considers each game separate full game objects, and not DLC for the original. So it broke Steams Model, and we are left to deal with the side effects.

Now ... as a second aside - If you were happening to run ACRE in A2 alone, for other servers, and you did want to update, then yes you should do the same instructions but replace OA with A2 directory.
              The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

and 1.05 is found where?

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefBoatsRet View Post
                  and 1.05 is found where?

Click where it says "1.05 Installer" ;)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

and 1.05 is found where?
                    the 'ACRE 1.0.5 Installer' text Impulse provided is a link to the installer.

Its also updated on Yoma, as well as at http://arma2.tacticalgamer.com/

EDIT: also, Impulse, the TS3 plugin version number *is* changed. So you know you have it installed correctly if in Teamspeak, when you go to Settings -> Plugins, the version will say '1.0.5'

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
                    Task Force Proteus

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done."

Comment

I installed the plugin as instructed but it never installed the x64 driver in my plugins folder

Edit: for some reason I had to manually add the X64 driver to my plugins folder in TS, all is well.

Comment

I installed the plugin as instructed but it never installed the x64 driver in my plugins folder

Edit: for some reason I had to manually add the X64 driver to my plugins folder in TS, all is well.
                        chief I had the same problem at first, so I check to make sure my TS3 was installed in the correct directory, which is c:/program files/TS3 or change the target address from the acre installer to your TS3 folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Impulse 9 View Post
                          I meant to say OA (thanks for the catch) ... Blame this on Steam.
                          Traditional install method for everyone but Steam places OA content into your OA Directory.
                          So, your OA Directory is your ArmA2 Directory.

Steam decided to make each game a full separate game and requires a convoluted install process or some sort of mangled kludge to get working properly with A2 and OA content.
                          Steam was limited in their options for how to install since it considers each game separate full game objects, and not DLC for the original. So it broke Steams Model, and we are left to deal with the side effects.

Now ... as a second aside - If you were happening to run ACRE in A2 alone, for other servers, and you did want to update, then yes you should do the same instructions but replace OA with A2 directory.
                          I have both A2 and OA stand-alone in Steam.

I alway launch my game through AddSync, its the only way that Ive found to join Bravo server without error messages.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptRio View Post
                            I have both A2 and OA stand-alone in Steam.

I alway launch my game through AddSync, its the only way that Ive found to join Bravo server without error messages.
                            http://robertsandiford.co.uk/ace_oa/

2-2 or 2-3 or 11-3, not that there's anything wrong with using yoma

Comment

Yeah, at this point use what works and what your comfortable with.

If you are happy with Yoma, thats Great. We try to keep it as simple as possible.
                              If you are more inclined to modify your files or addons, then normal command line launching is preferred by many.
                              If you somehow like SIX I would suggest you seek some sort of mental therapy, but I am happy that it works for you.

If you are more tech inclined and wish to work with the beta patches, thats fine, but understand that TG nor its ArmA Admins will actively support your setup, nor guarantee that it will work in any way shape or form with ACRE or our Server. (all beta patches that may or may not work with ACRE are subject to change at any given time, and can lead to issues that destabilize gameplay for your peers)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X