X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.54 Released -- Servers Updated.

1.54 Released

Servers -- Updated
    Last edited by Impulse 9; 08-27-2010, 12:08 PM.
    The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Re: 1.54 Released -- PATCH ON HOLD Untill Steam Release Matches -- DO NOT UPDATE YET.

Will provide Mirror, if able.
    There are issues with patching missions_e.pbo for many users.
    This file can be ignored, and replaced after patching is complete.

Will provide mirror to fixed missions_e.pbo.

DLC is included but in a much lower format, for compatibility.
    (You still get the DLC w/o the purchase, just in a very low quality, for compatibility)
    The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Re: 1.54 Released -- PATCH ON HOLD Untill Steam Release Matches -- DO NOT UPDATE YET.

I see...
      I give one or two months for someone to create a high-res texture re-skin for the DLC things.

I knew that BIS wouldn't treat the community like kids!

At first I was like

But then I Lol'd

Sapientiam Autem Non Vincit Malitia

Comment

Engineer - Engineers have undergone some serious training and are now capable of repairing damaged vehicles and defusing mines. An engineer can patch up a badly damaged vehicle, making it operable. A damaged component can be repaired to 60% status; however, note that the total damage inflicted upon the vehicle persists, and further damage will be calculated cumulatively. An engineer can defuse mines, satchels, and IEDs. It's possible to order an engineer to repair/defuse something by standing close to it, selecting 'engineer' in your command bar, and then pressing '6-1' ('action' > 'defuse'/'repair'). If you are engineer yourself, simply select 'action' > 'defuse'/'repair' from the Action Menu (default binding is the middle mouse button).
        Awesome, now we can be medics for our mechanical allies of war, I.E. the engineer isn't just a rifleman who spawns with some mines.

Also excited to play as some British forces with you guys... once the patch is fully compatible of course.

Comment

good to here that a patch is out. Imp, do you know what other types of goodies we can expect from this patch?

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

I think I may have just found my calling :)
            |TG-73rd|BloodDrops2094
            Le Mans 24 hour race attendee - 2010

Former |TG-Irr| and |TG-18th| member and proud of each of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Bauer View Post
              good to here that a patch is out. Imp, do you know what other types of goodies we can expect from this patch?
              * Artillery Computer - All indirect fire weapons can exploit the brand new artillery computer by selecting it in the Action Menu (default binding is the mouse wheel). The artillery computer initiates an interface where you can see your weapon, and the associated minimal and maximal ranges on the map. You may adjust your fire mode in the menu to the right and select the target area that your ordinance will strike. The display will indicate an estimated time to target; once you fire the ordinance - by clicking the 'Fire' button - the interface will track each shot. Your aim will change according to your actions once you leave the artillery computer.
              WOOT!!!! :)

Changelog

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Reworked MP Session Browser and Mission Selector.
                I missed this on my first peek through. Does anybody know what they mean by this? Is the slot screen changed? Maybe they just made the mission select window bigger instead of a tiny box in the center of the screen

it would be -especially- awesome if the administrator could make a custom difficulty during mission select.

Comment

cool thanks for the updates....

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Have already updated and bought UK DLC - good times......

Will wait until TG update the servers to 1.54 before trying to connect....
                    [RIP] Rusty In Places - Games Commander

Comment

Steam just updated automagically. The mods you're currently running appear on the right side of the main menu screen now. Have yet to try anything else yet.

Comment

Currently there are issues with a borked steam release, and the missions_e.pbo hotfix release not working with steam installs...
                        So 1.54 is currently still on hold.

Comment

Yeah, Steam forced me to update without my permission or consent. It even changed my "Do not keep this game up to date" forcibly to "Always keep this game up to date"!

I tried to restore from an old Steam 1.52 backup, but it just forcibly upgrades you again. Frustrating!

Looking forward to TG upgrading so I can join all y'all again. :)

Comment

I HAD to updat to 1.54 today because..... well the servers are 1.54 allready...

Alex

Comment

Servers Have been updated to 1.54.
                              Was being quiet on the release due to bugs with 1.54 that may or may not require a beta fix to get around.

Currently AI will not leave the Combat/Stealth Modes.

Beta patch is out already, but given the nature of this bug, if they release a hotfix ... It may require another 1.7gb update for Steam Users, Again...
                              Patching the Server I will be looking at later today given a chance to test the stability of this beta.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X