a stinkin' video!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a stinkin' video!

Good ole armed assualt zone has up a video of an old build, and an excellent article up. Check it out.

http://www.armed-assault-zone.com/news.php

Re: a stinkin' video!

I hadn't heard anything about "switching characters", as is shown in one of the screens. It showed the option of switching between two different foot soldiers, or a tank gunner.
    I love the trees, and the attention to detail. My favorite screen for pure beauty is the water-tower one. Also, i think I like the new map interface, what do you all think?

Comment

Hmm, great find boudreux ! I didnt know about that site. Some great shots I have never seen before...

Comment

Anyone speak Russian?

Thats quite a nice video. You can tell that the game will feel the same as the previous OpFlash which is good. Co-op will be awesome in this game.

Comment

Remember guys this video was from a very early build of Armed Assault.

Here's a translation of the video:

“Early morning, Monday. NATO forces are beginning to attack city of Somato controlled by guess who (russians). If looking at this footage you got that feeling of DejaVu - you better get used to that. Next we see familiar briefing screen. And now it’s time to deploy. The song which is know to all OFP fans begins to play.
          Everything becomes very familiar, from animations to interface font. In front of us is the same that(OFP) game. We enter the suburbs and then we see chopper deploying russian spetsnaz. After shooting we enter the city. Little bit of “clean-up” and forces are ready to regroup for attack. And here, Armed Assault, shows us its first surprise.
          We can choose whom we want to play, soldier, sniper who sits on hill, or tank gunner - and it can be done at any time during the mission. Something like this could be seen in BF2: Modern Combat. Little bit more of fighting and city has fallen. Mission completed.

You can see the game hasn’t changed, same old feelings. All reflexes which were developed while playing OFP work here pretty well. As far as realism and AI goes the game provides many options.
          Armed Assault is developed using OFP engine upgraded with new graphics. Details are a lot richer now, several new modern lightning techniques, and soft shadows. But there are still problems with the engine especially when you try to walk inside closed areas.

In Armed Assault there are a lot more destroyable objects than in OFP, and they explode more beautiful. For example, like this bridge. Of course, you will play in variety of roles, and as russian too. There are many exciting moments, awesome battle scenes, and game is just as great as its predecessor - OFP.
          However, we are not certain how well the game will be received. Original OFP was revolutionary and thats why its bugs and numerous patches were not its weak points. Since 5 years have passed players and industry have changed. Everyone expects great game and at same time with quality too. Time will tell but for now we are happy that Flashpoint is coming back, and waiting for its release.”

Comment

thanks jammydodger for the translation. That stinks about the close proximity bug. I do hope they have that fixed. I was thinking the other day about how I would feel if Armed Assault was just a prettier OFP. I decided that I wouldn't care at all, as long as the server code was improved, and you could go inside buildings without your legs sticking out the wall :) Anyways, i recognize your name from your greeting on the armed assault zone boards. You have a great site there, I check it daily. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by boudreux
              thanks jammydodger for the translation. That stinks about the close proximity bug. I do hope they have that fixed. I was thinking the other day about how I would feel if Armed Assault was just a prettier OFP. I decided that I wouldn't care at all, as long as the server code was improved, and you could go inside buildings without your legs sticking out the wall :) Anyways, i recognize your name from your greeting on the armed assault zone boards. You have a great site there, I check it daily. Keep up the good work!
              Amen. A graphical update of OFP and some new server code, and I am completely satisfied.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X