• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian game play video...

http://www.gametrailers.com/?p=pc

First one on list... very nice.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Russian game play video...

It's no longer 1st on the list as GameTrailers.com updates quite quickly. This link may be a bit more helpful, especially once the trailer is off the main page.

It's a cool trailer though. I really wish I knew what the guy was saying. I though it was kinda weird how some parts of the game looked really really good (graphics) and others looked really lousy. Maybe it was just at different settings. Anyways, I'm gonna have to watch this game.
    AKA ContingencyPlan

Comment

Someone posted a link to that video in another thread here. They said the first part of the video is vanilla OFP1...then they move on to Armed Assault. Perhaps that's the lousy parts.

Dig it: One thing I noticed was the birds! In one of the shots you actually see a bird scuttling off when an APC drives down the road.
      |TG| HOUDINI

Comment

Yeah bits of the video include OpFlash 1.

Comment

Jammydodger posted a translation of the video. :

"“Early morning, Monday. NATO forces are beginning to attack city of Somato controlled by guess who (russians). If looking at this footage you got that feeling of DejaVu - you better get used to that. Next we see familiar briefing screen. And now it’s time to deploy. The song which is know to all OFP fans begins to play.
          Everything becomes very familiar, from animations to interface font. In front of us is the same that(OFP) game. We enter the suburbs and then we see chopper deploying russian spetsnaz. After shooting we enter the city. Little bit of “clean-up” and forces are ready to regroup for attack. And here, Armed Assault, shows us its first surprise.
          We can choose whom we want to play, soldier, sniper who sits on hill, or tank gunner - and it can be done at any time during the mission. Something like this could be seen in BF2: Modern Combat. Little bit more of fighting and city has fallen. Mission completed.

You can see the game hasn’t changed, same old feelings. All reflexes which were developed while playing OFP work here pretty well. As far as realism and AI goes the game provides many options.
          Armed Assault is developed using OFP engine upgraded with new graphics. Details are a lot richer now, several new modern lightning techniques, and soft shadows. But there are still problems with the engine especially when you try to walk inside closed areas.

In Armed Assault there are a lot more destroyable objects than in OFP, and they explode more beautiful. For example, like this bridge. Of course, you will play in variety of roles, and as russian too. There are many exciting moments, awesome battle scenes, and game is just as great as its predecessor - OFP.
          However, we are not certain how well the game will be received. Original OFP was revolutionary and thats why its bugs and numerous patches were not its weak points. Since 5 years have passed players and industry have changed. Everyone expects great game and at same time with quality too. Time will tell but for now we are happy that Flashpoint is coming back, and waiting for its release.”

This is from a build around december time, so the character models are still the OFP1 stand-in's.
          There was a pretty good interview posted today, with the english translation on the right side:

http://gry.o2.pl/publicystyka/?co=pokaz&id=156

I'm very excited about the multiplayer modes. Sounds like some huge games! Plus, i have this feeling (hope) that they will implement some sort of official CTI gameplay. Here's to hoping!

Comment

Thanks boudreux! Nice finds there.

I really hope they stick to their guns and keep ArmedA open for extensive modding. It's like the man said...its the modders who've made OFP still playable today. I'm sick to death of combat sims that lean more towards "games" than "simulation," if you catch my drift. I want some serious and mature play...something that actually causes us to think about real world tactics and develop an appreciation for the guys actually doing this stuff.
            |TG| HOUDINI

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X