SOP's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOP's

Perhaps we should use the Ghost Recon SOP's which, in most part, were written by Badger (US Army Ranger/sniper). We used these extensively for GR to good effect when playing COOP. SOP's can be found here...

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/ghost-r...ncements-sops/
    Jex.

Re: SOP's

Originally posted by jex
    Perhaps we should use the Ghost Recon SOP's which, in most part, were written by Badger (US Army Ranger/sniper). We used these extensively for GR to good effect when playing COOP. SOP's can be found here...

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/ghost-r...ncements-sops/
    The SOPs for ArmA will be completely updated for the game once it is released. I noticed that as time is going on, the copy and paste from Ghost Recon really isn't working for more modern titles. We will use what we can, and update the rest.

All this is jumping the gun a bit, methinks.

Comment

I think the OFP SOP's would be more suitable for Armed Assault. Although, those were probably adapted from the GR SOP's.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
        I think the OFP SOP's would be more suitable for Armed Assault. Although, those were probably adapted from the GR SOP's.
        Most of them are. Apophis copies the GR ones, modifies them for each game (look at SWAT4 closely sometime), and for the most part, they work. The SOPs for Ghost Recon are sort of bedrock for Tactical Gamer.

I very much doubt that we will need extensive SOPs for ArmA given the type of player that OFP seems to attract. If anything, we will probably have more of a problem with people trying to make the rules more complex than they should be.

Comment

Rules should be kept to a minimum and the chosen SL for the mission should relay what he wants to happen, with the squad following those recommendations. We should not be micro-managing people and everyone should be reliable enough to see their objectives through to the best of their ability.

I think once it (finally) gets released, we'll have a superb combat sim that wil llast us a long time. I can't wait to deploy :)
          Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by jex
            Rules should be kept to a minimum and the chosen SL for the mission should relay what he wants to happen, with the squad following those recommendations. We should not be micro-managing people and everyone should be reliable enough to see their objectives through to the best of their ability.

I think once it (finally) gets released, we'll have a superb combat sim that wil llast us a long time. I can't wait to deploy :)
            It'll also be a combat sim that actually runs on most people's systems. :p

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
              It'll also be a combat sim that actually runs on most people's systems. :p
              One can only hope ;)

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
              |TG-2nd|munchkin
              Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

I think a lot of people are assuming Armed Assault is going to be a graphical killer. To me, it doesn't seem to be that much of an improvement in terms of graphical enhancements like HDR. The big difference comes in increased texture sizes and polygon count. OFP had options to turn texture quality down and decrease viewing distance plus LOD models. OFP's lighting is already pretty good. It has shadows that respond to a constantly changing lighting environment. You can even shoot out some street lights.

OFP was Ghost Recon on steroids and Armed Assault is going to be Advanced Warfighter on steroids.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X