X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• games radar?

I just read this preview on Games Radar:

http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/pc/game...20104753656084

They mention the ability to choose missions in a strategic manner, where your choice of mission affects the gameplay. I didn't know the campaign was semi-dynamic. Have I been missing something?

Re: games radar?

Originally posted by boudreux

They mention the ability to choose missions in a strategic manner, where your choice of mission affects the gameplay. I didn't know the campaign was semi-dynamic. Have I been missing something?
    :icon_eek: :row__523: :madsmile:
    Asus|i7x970|ddr31600mhz24gb|EVGA GTX680-4gb|1200wcorsairgldatx|CreativeX-F1extrem7.1|Win764bitpro|TrackIr4Pro/ir |JoystickCHFighterstick|SaitekpedalsPro|X52ThrtlCo ntlr|G15Keybrd|32"Lcd HDMI/DVI TV|

Comment

That's been rumored to be the case: a semi-dynamic campaign. I wouldn't necessarily count games radar as validation (they seem to put up alot of rumors as fact) but it's good to hear.

Comment

Yeah I heard about the semi-dynamic thing in an old UK PC Gamer. I'll try and fish it out...

Comment

From this thread.

here is some more bad translation. What there is sounds amazing. A semi-dynamic campaign!?!

""Armed Assault (SCORE):
          The graphics are praised. Theoretically you shall knock over every single tree, meaning you can drive with tanks through woods, which wasn't possible in OFP. Some improvements that already came with OFP:Elite will come for Armed Assault too. The vegetation shall be denser, there shall even be animals and insects you can shoot.
          On the same page the author describes a mission. At first glance the mission isn't revolutionary, it's on the high level of the OFP campaign missions we're used to. Something particular is that you play the same mission in different roles: The first time as tank commander, then as specop and at last as a chopper pilot, whereas all of the three roles start at different times (e.g. the chopper comes in after the AA is taken out, you've got to do that as tank commander). In multiplayer you've got even more possibilities, because the player can appoint, when is what applied.
          There shall be a huge island of 400km² featuring a lot of different vegetation like jungle, wood and desert. The war around the player shall always be vivid, you can call in artillery or plane support (which you could miss later on if they get destroyed) and it might be that you're taken to another place in the conflict by chopper.
          There will hardly be any scripted events, but the course of war is affected by your actions; you're making the difference, if you play good. There shall be civilians, but they've got a neglectable role, it shall be made similar to Resistance.
          In the campaign you shall often be forced to improvise, e.g. searching parts for broken down vehicles. The campaign will be about North vs. South, inspired by the Corean War.
          The information about multiplayer and editor are almost identical to the one in "Level"""""

The PC Gamer article that I was talking about is quite old (August 2005) so I am reluctant to completely trust it but here are some interesting quotes from it:

Originally posted by PCGamer
          While the game island is fictional, made of jig-sawed satellite images of Eastern Europe, it has a politically resonant background. The island's despotic North has been threatening the democratic South which is under US protection. The US, believing the threat has passed, have started to pull out...at which point an attack occurs.
          While the defensive nature of the campaign distinguishes it from the norm, the most intriguing part is its unusual structure: the game is 'told' in flashback form after the war, as you are interrogated by your fellow officers. What happened? That's for us to discover as we play, with our actions helping decide whether this will be a court-martial or a commendation
          The article reffers to AmrA as "Flashpoint 1.5" then continues to talk about "The game that we can't call Flashpoint 2"

Originally posted by Marek Spanel (Bohemia's MD)
          We don't necessarily have to stay with the same gamplay. That's what Armed Assault is for: a new engine, but the old gamplay. [The new game] could be a sequal as well, but we had a different style of gameplay in mind. Most of us are more roleplaying game fans.

Comment

Thanks for finding that. I keep getting mixed up on what is Game 2 and what is Arma. It seems like some of the details have flipped back and forth. I thought for sure the "broken down parts" is for Game 2's RPG-like gameplay.

Comment

If half of the things written for Game 2 is true, it will be the end of my ever-declining marriage and career. I will end up fusing with my monitor and stay there forever... forever I say...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X