• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armed Assault Zone: New Movie and some screens

Man, oh man! Good stuff there.

32 Mb Czech movie at Armed Assault Zone:

Armed Assault Zone News

Here's a link to the download location, but I think you need to be a member of Armed Assault Zone (it's free)

Czech Armed Assault Movie

Also, I think there are some new screen shots there as well. Check it out.
    |TG| HOUDINI

Re: Armed Assault Zone: New Movie and some screens

New screens, check my sig.

Comment

Bro, some of those lighting effects are killer! There's one thing I love about OFP/Armed Assault/Game 2 screens: the focal point and distance thing-a-ma-jiggy. It really brings out the expansiveness of the game.

This is what I mean:

View Scale Thing-a-ma-Jiggy
      |TG| HOUDINI

Comment

Got a new preview for ya.

Comment

Great...that preview says release is Q3. And the graphics keep looking better and better, its making my 6600gt start to cry.
          sigpic

Comment

Definately some info in that interview that saddened me. Mostly in the "interesting facts" section at the bottom.

-12 missions vs. 40 in the original
            -3rd quarter :(
            -Jets not decided on yet?!? What good is the 10km draw distance without jets?
            -AI not noticeably better.

I'm sorta sad.

Comment

I'm not too worried about the number of missions. That's something can the community can easily expand on. Bohemia should spend their time making sure the game engine itself is the best it can be, since only Bohemia can optimize and improve the core engine functionality. Besides, I'm sure a mission expansion pack is already planned.

As far as the claim of release by 3rd quarter, it's hard to believe any release date when they don't even have a publisher yet. So I'm not going to worry till after E3. If they bring ArmA to E3, show it publishers and still don't have a deal, then I'll start to worry.

Jets, hmm that's strange that jets are in question since OFP already has jets. It's also the first I've heard of jets not making it into ArmA. So I'll stick that in the rumor category till I hear more.

AI, well yeah who doesn't want better AI. Overall though, the OFP enemy AI rarely disappointed me. With a carefully crafted mission designed with the AI's limitations in mind, they can present quite a challenge. Sure, you see the occassional stuck AI, but not very often. As long as the AI doesn't get any dumber, I won't complain.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X