Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armed Assault demo video...

-reposted here, in case you don't visit the screenshot/video forum-

Well I can't share, and I can't give all my gaming buds a copy of the press release demo, rules you know... so I did the next best thing...

From start to finish, a video showing what I saw in the first 15 minutes of the Armed Assault press release demo...

http://www.magnumland.com/Videos/Arm...ess%20Demo.avi
    (Recommend you right click and save as for easy, stutter free viewing)

WARNING: This is not final code, this is 75% complete alpha and it shows, this is work in progress.

and sorry again for such a large file, only recommended for broadband users and people who really want to see it... I tried to keep it as high in detail as possible, but had to make some quality sacrifices to keep it within a reasonable size. But I wanted to show you, as close to possible, exactly what I see in the demo.

In the future, for you slow bandwidth users, I will make a couple of small individual clips showing off things in the demo, but the purpose of this large, full 15 plus minute video is to show you what I get to play in the press release demo.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Armed Assault demo video...

Thanks Magnum!
    Jex.

Comment

WOW! A little brutal with that Abrams, huh? HAHA! AWESOME!

In the pursuit of... something.

Comment

any one else notice he isnt useing any tactics or command structure, kind of just running around and being well a noob.....(inside joke) :P

Magnum what are the chances of getting some beta stuff so we can help test it out.
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

I hate Magnum. He gets to play with all the best toys.

Comment

none, very controlled...with a number of key codes and protection on disk.
            Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I can't wait till this comes out!

Comment

nice panning Magnum, i love the appropriate cones of coverage, and differing stances in the formation. I saw you run past the chopper and bradley. Were you able to play with them. Any thoughts on the chopper handling?

Thanks.

Comment

yes, and using keyboard it was difficult, I didn't check it with my stick. More on that later, busy for a couple of days.
                  Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

(this is a copy post of a reply I made on outside sites that linked the videos without explaination...)

TIME FOR A RANT...

I swear... sometimes I wonder if I should bother... lol

After sharing my videos, screens, and information about ArmA... alot of other sites have posted links to videos without explanations on what is being showed, and the purpose of the video's... so I read comments like this:

The guy playing it, well.. he sucks, and his cinematic skills are lacking,
                    Useless.
                    I don't learn anything from this.
                    No offense, but these guys are "zomq n00bzorz".
                    very crap video and boring
                    The guy is a über n00b
                    yep, I couldn't stop laugh at him in the MP video end
                    that player sucks
                    That guy had no clue. Must be totally new to the series.
                    If you want to make a video good familiarize the player to the game first
                    BUT... it's nice that some appreciate the work...

Hey, how about you don't insult him. He knows how to play, and is one of the hugest proponents of tactical sims out there, heck, he works for www.simhq.com . Read some of his reviews. Anyways, the guy gets a press copy of the E3 demo and shares some gameplay, so we should be thankful. I know we are all anxious to get this game, and there hasn't been anything newsworthy for a few days, but let's not take it out on our own people.
                    Anyway.. theres my RANT... if your going to share my stuff with outside sources, by all means, do... I'm a member of the community and willing to share... but at least explain to your viewers what there looking at and downloading first, and the purpose.

I need to unplug from you guys for a while, lol.
                    (joking, I could never stop... love gaming.)
                    Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Man, that really pisses me off!

We appreciate your thoughtfulness and the time you take to present this material to us. I, for one, am always looking forward to your reviews and opinions. Heck, you almost got me to buy a FANG board, even though I've already got an N52.

Keep up the good work Magnum. These guys are all ADD afflicted, shiny-bright-object zombies.

Fuh-get about it...

LOL
                      |TG| HOUDINI

Comment

We all know that your are a über n00b we just dont say it, lol. :) Keep them coming, you know we appreciate the video's and screenshots.

Comment

I know...just whinning... finishing this last SP AAR for ArmA, then I'm done with it till I get the real thing or another, updated beta...hopefully, lol...

Trying out those new mods I mentioned in the OFP forum, and I paid 125 bucks for Steel Beasts Pro PE, time I got my monies worth out of that too. lol
                          Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Originally posted by 99% of the internet
                            omgz r u a n0ob or sumthin jeez ur skilz r far less then l33t d00d.
                            Unfortunately.
                            "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                            He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

After sharing my videos, screens, and information about ArmA... alot of other sites have posted links to videos without explanations on what is being showed, and the purpose of the video's... so I read comments like this:

Quote:
                              The guy playing it, well.. he sucks, and his cinematic skills are lacking,
                              I'll own up to saying that (IIRC, more or less that wording) on the ArmA forum. With the way the video was presented to us (sans any explanation), that's exactly what it looked like.

My apologies if the video was portraying exactly what you intended for it to portray, and we just missed the point due to not getting an explanation of it beforehand.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X