My armed assault sub-page...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My armed assault sub-page...

With all the information coming out for the most anticipated game from E3 (IMO), Armed Assault...

I have made a small sub-page from my web site with info, screens, and videos from the press release demo...

http://www.magnumland.com/arma.htm

Can't wait for Armed Assault.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: My armed assault sub-page...

Originally posted by Magnum50
    Can't wait for Armed Assault.
    Neither can I. Did they get a publisher?

Comment

Nope not yet... unbelievable huh? you'd think publishers would jump on that title.
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50
        Nope not yet... unbelievable huh? you'd think publishers would jump on that title.
        My thoughts exactly.

Comment

It's probably too "grown up" of a gaming system. I bet most of the publishers think one of two things:

1. Armed Assault is a re-hashed OFP...which, in their minds, is played out.

- Of course, we know the mod system has kept OFP on the stage well past its projected shelf life.

2. The game's too hard and not "gamey" enough for the X-Box crowd.

- OFP already has a console version...I wonder how well it did?

Of course, I'm most likely wrong about these assumptions, but the doubts still nag me.

Hey, Magnum...thanks a bunch for keeping the hope alive. I'm constantly checking to see what little nugget you've found on the web. Can't wait!
          |TG| HOUDINI

Comment

Ive heard alot of people suggest a steam like app, or even TG as publishers.

And yes the graphics are a little iffy, but why spend money on graphics when the mod community has really done a lot in the field as far as those go. OFP is a great game, from what i have played of it. I really hope they do find something soon and good. As long as they dont fall to the giants we will be good.
            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
            -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by houdini
              It's probably too "grown up" of a gaming system. I bet most of the publishers think one of two things:

1. Armed Assault is a re-hashed OFP...which, in their minds, is played out.

- Of course, we know the mod system has kept OFP on the stage well past its projected shelf life.
              Most game companies do not care about the mod community: Valve, Epic, Dice, Id, and BIA are exceptions.

The problem is, you can't pinpoint the reasons for a purchase-I doubt DICE said "yeah, BF2 will own the market for 6 months, then get a boost 12 months from then when the modders release..." EPIC did though. UT2004 really milked the mod community-it formed an important part of their release strategy, allowing them to keep the game engine in the spotlight as they grind out UT2007.

BIA gets it too, but I don't think most publishers do.

2. The game's too hard and not "gamey" enough for the X-Box crowd.

- OFP already has a console version...I wonder how well it did?
              Very poorly. The problem is the same one that plagued Ghost Recon for Xbox-it was too complicated for a console, and conceeded too much of the original title to the gameplay supported by consoles.

Hey, Magnum...thanks a bunch for keeping the hope alive. I'm constantly checking to see what little nugget you've found on the web. Can't wait!
              Magnum is tha man. If you haven't +repped him, you should!

Comment

Magnum is tha man. If you haven't +repped him, you should!
                Done...and done!
                |TG| HOUDINI

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...