Magnum's ArmedA AAR #1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnum's ArmedA AAR #1

Hey guys, I hope I'm not stealing any of Magnum's thunder posting this. I just finished reading this on SimHQ and wanted to share. It's Magnum's first After Action Report on the Armed Assault media demo, illustrated with many pretty pictures.

http://www.simhq.com/_land2/land_050a.html

Very entertaining read, Mag! Keep 'em coming.
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Re: Magnum's ArmedA AAR #1

there is another one done already... then I will do one large final one with the SP campaign...
    Testing everything and answering any questions that come up from these first 2 AAR's.

FYI... this article is also being formatted and released here at TG with a TG spin... sometimes it gets a little difficult "working" for both TG and SimHQ... and I try and keep them separated as not to be "selling" one to the other...

SimHQ is a "news" web site... while TG is an "action" gaming group... but share similar news and information.

So I hope to contribute to both with full dedication and respect, without ever reaching a conflict of interest.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Very cool. Keep up the good work. Apologies if I stepped on any toes linking that here.
      "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
      He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

It's also difficult resizing Magnum's gigantic screenshots. :-).

Look for part 1, TG style, Tonight or tomorrow, and Part 2 Wednesday.

Comment

Nice Magnum, did you see my PM by any chance?

Comment

yes, and have to get permission... because I have a working contract with SimHQ, due to the information received is through there "status".

Since TG is my "gaming group", I am allowed to share that info to a point.

Will PM you when I have info.
            Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Great write-up Magnum. The graphics look pretty good for the state of the programming. The arms/hands of the soldiers look a little unnatural, but I suspect this is something that can easily be fixed/modded, so it really doesn't bother me.

I noticed on one of your pics that there's little anti-aliasing going on. It's the one where you 're lobbing the grenade over the hill...note the jaggies on the top of the hill. Again, stuff like that really doesn't bother me, since the gameplay is where it counts. So the question is: do you feel that AA (or lack of it) is a factor in the longer range observation/shooting area?

Your pictures look extremely crisp otherwise, and I suspect you're topping out in the hardware department. Do you "anticipate" any problems for mid-level systems, say someone running with 1Gb of RAM and an ATI 9800 level card? FYI: I'm running 2Gb RAM, but using the 9800XT since I'm stuck with AGP for the time being.

EDIT: Scratch that Magnum...I just saw your specs after re-reading the article. Other than the card, I think our systems are fairly similar in performance. Does the game allow 1280x1024 yet? If so, is it a huge hit?
              |TG| HOUDINI

Comment

@Magnum

NP m8, I understand the situation.

Cheers

Comment

FYI, the 2nd MP AAR is up at SimHQ, (and possibly here soon)... I am done and ready to upload the third and final AAR based on the single player campaign... as luck would have it... my key expired this AM... so now I am officially done with the ArmA press release demo.
                  Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50
                    FYI, the 2nd MP AAR is up at SimHQ, (and possibly here soon)... I am done and ready to upload the third and final AAR based on the single player campaign... as luck would have it... my key expired this AM... so now I am officially done with the ArmA press release demo.
                    Yes, it's ready to go, just waiting for SimHQ to get theirs first. Only right, fair, just, and all that. :row__577:

Comment

Thx, just finished the final one... uploading in an hour or so, lol... thx for all your hard formatting work Mateo.
                      Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Great AARs! .. but now I want the game more. :(
                        -----

Comment

Ok.. What's an "AAR"? I'll be the fool who asks..

;-)
                          |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                          ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

After Action Report!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement