another video w tracker use...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another video w tracker use...

Check out the top story... another video this one showing using the ir tracker that will be supported.
    http://www.armedassault.eu/news.php
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: another video w tracker use...

I have to say: Very Impressive and huge plus for situational awareness...

Comment

Ooooohhh.... I'm so glad I have a TrackIR. It's awesome in racing... dying for it in a FPS.

Comment

Magnum/Mirfee,

Can you guys use TrackIR with OFP? I know OFP doesnt support Track IR directly but what about using 3rd party software like joytokey? Does it work?

Comment

nope, because it moves your weapon... and if driving or flying, it turns those vehicles... it has to be independent of the action... has to be pure look only.
          Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50
            nope, because it moves your weapon... and if driving or flying, it turns those vehicles... it has to be independent of the action... has to be pure look only.
            Thx for the quick response. I was hoping that it could work...

Comment

Yeah, I wasn't able to get it to work in OFP. I thought it would, as OFP has a key to toggle mouse-look (being able to look around your viewpoint as you would any other time, except it's just your VR head moving in-game, rather than your whole body/weapon facing facing). Too bad the mouse look toggle doesn't let you enable the Track IR function (at least, not in my attempt).

It's been awesome in driving and flying games... same principle, but it actually works. Here's hopong ArmA pulls it off.

Comment

Looking at the Video on the TRACKER page for Armed Assault... I was really impressed with the third person view.. THe fluid motion of the head/neck area while looking around was very natural..
                Never using one of these trackers I wonder how "odd" it is to move your head during the game? Do you just move it a bit and the screen (or your Virtual head) moves much more then your head?

Good stuff..
                |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Originally posted by peardog
                  Do you just move it a bit and the screen (or your Virtual head) moves much more then your head?
                  Just like that. Here ( link ) are the videos demonstrating the use in a couple of games. Combat Flight Sim 3 video shows the head movements of player and virtual head together. Gives a better idea how it works.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X