FlashNews 100

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlashNews 100

A little light on Armed Assault news, they are presenting Armed Assault again to publishers at Games Convention 2006 in Leipzig Germany, August 24th - 27th. Let's cross our fingers and hope for a publisher to pick them up.

In FlashNews 100, the big news item is that they are holding a contest. First prize is TrackIR 4:Pro.

http://www.bistudio.com/flashnews/100

Re: FlashNews 100

with all the buzz from OFP and new players you would think a developer would jump at this game, the game isnt even out or ready to be out and its got as much or more player backing then BF2 did...really is a shame
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
      with all the buzz from OFP and new players you would think a developer would jump at this game, the game isnt even out or ready to be out and its got as much or more player backing then BF2 did...really is a shame
      I think developers might be scared off by the graphics (which aren't that bad), it could also be that developers don't think tactical shooters with the realism that this game is going for really will appeal to wider audience.
      The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

I
      #83 of 213 things you cannot do in the army.
      83. Must not start any SITREP (Situation Report) with "I recently had an experience I just had to write you about...."

Comment

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Main_Page

there new Wiki page, nice info.
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

You gotta look at this from a developers stand point. Why waste money on graphics or state of the art graphics. Doing so you cut out maybe 60%+ (guess) of the people who don't have the ubber gaming systems. And plus why make killer graphics when the modders can do it. Look what they did to OFP. I keep saying we should do a TG distributor.
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

Comment

Yes great opportunity for a name like tactical gamer to start a production company for war games?
            Asus|i7x970|ddr31600mhz24gb|EVGA GTX680-4gb|1200wcorsairgldatx|CreativeX-F1extrem7.1|Win764bitpro|TrackIr4Pro/ir |JoystickCHFighterstick|SaitekpedalsPro|X52ThrtlCo ntlr|G15Keybrd|32"Lcd HDMI/DVI TV|

Comment

Bah, graphics smaphics. I reckon the thing that will make this game run forever is the fact that almost anyone can throw together a half decent mission using the mission editor. (So long as it's as easy to use as OFP editor was).

Comment

Well, look at what is going on in the industry: graphics sells.

What's the first thing you thought about GR:AW? I bet it was something like: wooooo, pretty (that is, if you have the rig to get it running).

Now, look at Armed Assault. Personally, the graphics are fine. Then again, I have no issue with the graphics from Ghost Recon. I prefer a good game to good graphics 100% of the time, but that puts me in a distinct minority as far as the game industry is concerned.

The graphics are a hinderance when you shop it. Armed Assault appears to have the steak, but publishers want the sizzle.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X