Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 Short Videos (Swimming, Building Destruction, ...)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Short Videos (Swimming, Building Destruction, ...)

LINK

=========

BIS ArmA Forums

Posted by: metalchris
    "The videos are from Morphicon , the german publisher. Found them on www.pcgames.de"

Packed into the rar by: Berliner19

Re: 4 Short Videos (Swimming, Building Destruction, ...)

I loved the helicopter video, especially since you can see the border, along with the fences to the water. I can't wait to fight over that border city. I wonder if that is the part of the map they will release for the demo?

Check out this night fight video. I had no idea that the engine could look like this at night. Amazing.

http://www.armed-assault-zone.com/jb...NightFight.zip

Comment

I had no idea... That looks fan...tas...tic !

This game is going to be end of me I tell you... My molecules will disintegrate and I will form unique compounds with silicon components of my PC to live in the ArmA universe day and night...

Comment

I think many of us will have this affliction, but it shall be worth it :)

How do you think our community will accept this game? They haven't exactly accepted GRAW very well, just a small number. With the game's release being spread over several months, it should be interesting to watch its adoption here.

Comment

Originally posted by boudreux View Post
          How do you think our community will accept this game? They haven't exactly accepted GRAW very well, just a small number. With the game's release being spread over several months, it should be interesting to watch its adoption here.
          Good question.

I have been thinking about it. I have to start from a reference point and I will start with two important questions:

Why Red Orchestra failed? and

Why BF2 worked out very well?

To be honest, failure of RO and even worse, KIA status of OFP are not good signs. These dont tell us that ArmA will fail here but no one can deny the fact that these indicate what majority of TG prefers to play...or not to play.

I guess we will wait and see. In the mean time, there are things we can do to increase the chance of ArmA to be a big title here.

As 1stMIP, we chose a model system (Red Orchestra) and resumed procedure/protocol development for the game. It is a good model system because:

a) There is no minimap
          b) There is no SL spawn

In other words very few to none game elements which provides a backbone for cohesion and organization. It is one of the most difficult games to play as a squad. So, if we can play RO as an organized squad, we should be able to play others as well. We are discussing, testing ideas and getting there. We will share our findings on forums.

I am optimistic and I think ArmA will be a solid title here if we put our heads together and find procedures which will bring the same level of teamwork satisfaction we took from other titles.

Comment

Originally posted by John CANavar View Post
            As 1stMIP, we chose a model system (Red Orchestra) and resumed procedure/protocol development for the game. It is a good model system because:

a) There is no minimap
            b) There is no SL spawn

In other words very few to none game elements which provides a backbone for cohesion and organization. It is one of the most difficult games to play as a squad. So, if we can play RO as an organized squad, we should be able to play others as well. We are discussing, testing ideas and getting there. We will share our findings on forums.
            I wish 1stMIP and some of the other in-house squads had done this back in March!

Comment

Originally posted by Strag View Post
              I wish 1stMIP and some of the other in-house squads had done this back in March!
              My dear friend Strag,

Did you know why I used the word "resumed"? We started with the release of RO but things really didnt work very well then. Dont you remember? I admit that it was not a long test period but combination of various reasons put an end to that research.

Now with the close release date of ArmA, there is a strong incentive to find a system not to be disappointed in any way when we get the game. Big thanks to Coridon and Faultline for spearheading the recent RO meetings/posting "how to" guides.

Who knows, we may continue playing RO regularly (well.. until a WWII mod comes out for ArmA :) ) and may infect other TGers to join us to share the procedures we came up with.

Comment

Originally posted by John CANavar View Post
                My dear friend Strag,

Did you know why I used the word "resumed"? We started with the release of RO but things really didnt work very well then. Dont you remember? I admit that it was not a long test period but combination of various reasons put an end to that research.

Now with the close release date of ArmA, there is a strong incentive to find a system not to be disappointed in any way when we get the game.

Who knows, we may continue playing RO regularly (well.. until a WWII mod comes out for ArmA :) ) and may infect other TGers to join us to share the procedures we came up with.
                Maybe Grunt can talk you guys into developing procedures for CoD2. We've got it modded to the point where it should make a decent squad sim. All it needs now is a motivated squad. ;)

Comment

Looking forward to ArmA, Ill probably buy the German version.

Comment

Originally posted by Strag View Post
                    Maybe Grunt can talk you guys into developing procedures for CoD2. We've got it modded to the point where it should make
                    a decent squad sim. All it needs now is a motivated squad. ;)
                    He tried :) I would never consider the vanilla version but I heard great things (from Grunt and others) about how you guys changed it in the sim direction. That almost won me if it wasnt the same old "lack of free time" problem keeping me out.

Will ArmA be that "dream" game to bring us all together? I hope so...

As I said, the main reason -at least for me- for going back to RO is that the damn game is almost impossible to play as an organized squad. It is a serious challange. Solving RO will bring a huge reward and potential.
                    Last edited by John CANavar; 10-19-2006, 05:14 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo View Post
                      Looking forward to ArmA, Ill probably buy the German version.
                      I started learning German :) I still have time...

Comment

The reasons why I think ArmA will succeed; it already has a large player base from OpFlash, there will be many sim players who buy the game and hence a similar mindset between players, the developers seem to genuinly care about the game, it will be easy to mod, there will be good cooperative missions, the TG guys are enthusiastic about this game and the admins are now more experienced.

RO had bad marketing so not too many people bought it. People did not like the graphics or "grittyness" of RO. The communication system was flawed. The squad hierarchy was not well implemented. There was no unit cohesion because of respawns. ArmA will not have to face any of these problems.

Comment

Thanks to boudreux, I found about this game. I am interested.

Just how much of this game is sim and how much is it arcade like?

Also, does having high twitch skills help in this game?

My point of view comes from BF2 and the Tac Mod. I know nothing of other current PC games.
                          (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
                          (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
                          (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
                          Squad Leader pledge to their team:
                          Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

This game will be very much a sim. Character movement, weapons, vehicles, health etc will be pretty realistic. The original game, Operation Flashpoint, was hailed as the best soldier sim ever made and the developers want to recreate that feeling in this game.

There are a few connections with BF2 in respects to all the vehicles you can use but the game is much less arcade-like. ArmA will be much more realistic than BF2 and will probably be more 'intense' bceause of the greater punishments for being killed (no respawns on some gametypes).

There will be a variety of gametypes like Co-op, capture the flag, search and destroy, basic deathmatches etc. There is another gametype called "Capture the Island" which I am looking forward to. Imagine BF2 on a much more massive scale. The control points are villages dotted all over the island.

There will also be many more players on a single server than in BF2. Oh, I nearly forgot, there is a squad system built into ArmA so squads can easily communicate with each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Obi View Post
                              I nearly forgot, there is a squad system built into ArmA so squads can easily communicate with each other.
                              Obi, how much do you know about squad system in ArmA? Although I've been watching this closely, I have somewhat very limited info. Will there be inter-squad comm channels?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X