Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Download Armed Assault NOW!

http://armed-assault.net/news/downlo...sault-now.html

I have successfully paid and downloading now, will let you guys know if it's legit and works as soon as I have it installed and running.

BE WARNED, not known if this is official or allowed yet, making contact with my 2 BI Studio contacts right now. More later.

I'm so happy if just, and correct.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Download Armed Assault NOW!

Price : 42.0 €

How much is that US $? If this works for you I'm very interested but how much over the expected $50 US is this price?

Comment

$56 in US $

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
      |TG-2nd|munchkin
      Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Originally posted by munchkin View Post
        $56 Usd
        Just found an on-line converter myself and it's indeed $56. If there is no tax on top of that it's only ~ $3 more then buying a $49.99 game in-store.

If this thing is legit and we are talking less then $5 more to get it several months earlier, I'll jump on this...if my sorry hardware can run it that is.

Comment

Come on paycheck when will i have you....wife wont let me get anything else for a few weeks.....crap!
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

Comment

Tell me how it works Magnum, I will download it this weeked if everything works out.

Comment

44% and 30% and took off the next 2 days, along with my regular Sun and Mon off... thats four days of testing and playing. ;)
              Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                44% and 30% and took off the next 2 days, along with my regular Sun and Mon off... thats four days of testing and playing. ;)
                Now that's dedication.

Comment

from my contact at BI Studios:

Hi Charles,

I haven't heard anything about it and I'm surprised with us having our own planned online distribution (Sprocket as you probably heard), but that's not to say it isn't genuine, the IP traces to France which is somewhat surprising but also doesn't necessarily mean it's not genuine:
                  investigation continues.
                  Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Not to rain on everyone's parade, but the current release of ArmA - the one going to the German and Czech markets - is by no means finished. If you pay attention to the ArmA forums, you will find many, many, many complaints as to flaws, bugs, and general issues with the game that are going to need to be addressed before the US/UK release is made. The flight model for helos, for instance, is in shambles.

If you absolutely cannot wait to get the game - knowing, again, that the state it is in now is far from ideal - then by all means, go for it. If, on the other hand, you would rather wait and play it for the first time as a more complete, polished, and playable package, I would highly recommend you have some patience and wait for the US/UK release in February of next year.

There's a very, very good reason why I haven't already published a review of ArmA myself, and why I'm waiting for the US release to do so.

Comment

Hell, I spent 1000 bucks for VBS1, which is great, but no better then a heavy modded OFP IMO, I think I'll take the chance to pay both versions of AA, just my thoughts. lol ;)

I'll be lucky if I even get the download version tonight, was 70 and 64, stopped and now 31 and 24%, might have to download all night and hope to have it in the AM, before my first report.
                      Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

I also prefer a buggy Armed Assault to a polished ___ (put any game you want here). As long as the game is somewhat stable (and looks like it is), there are so many things one can do in an open ended game like ArmA without getting bothered by bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by John CANavar View Post
                          I also prefer a buggy Armed Assault to a polished ___ (put any game you want here). As long as the game is somewhat stable (and looks like it is), there are so many things one can do in an open ended game like ArmA without getting bothered by bugs.
                          Go for it.

I'm happy to keep myself and my group playing Wargames League for OFP until ArmA is out in a presentable form for the US market. Those of my group who have played ArmA already (like myself) are of similar opinions, for similar reasons. There are not enough compelling reasons for us to switch over to ArmA at the moment, to be quite frank, but I guess for players or groups that don't still play OFP or have experience in it, ArmA would be very appealing.

I could sit here and list bug after bug after bug that will have a significant impact on your playing experience, but since I doubt that will have an influence on your decision, I guess it'll be up to you to find those bugs for yourself. :)

Have fun with it, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post
                            I could sit here and list bug after bug after bug that will have a significant impact on your playing experience, but since I doubt that will have an influence on your decision, I guess it'll be up to you to find those bugs for yourself. :)
                            Well Dsl, not getting a buggy ArmA is like divorcing one's wife because she put on a couple of pounds, love is blind ;)

Thanks for the heads up though. Bugs can be a big headache for multiplayer sessions so I see your point. On the other hand, I prefer spending 1-2 months, exploring this amazing game (single player campaign, missions, editor, etc) and I suggest the same to others. So that you will be warmed up and ready (one must explore the game in single player and focus on mission/directions/orders during MP) when patches are released and game is ready for smooth MP sessions.

Comment

I'll still be playing WGL/OFP with you guys even if I get ArmA. I really enjoyed the foot patrol training mission last week.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X