Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Person free look mode!

Check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bDlvQmOSts

I had no idea you could do this in ArmA!!! I was aware of "free look" mode while riding in or driving vehicles, but the ability to keep your weapon pointed in one direction and then look around is amazing.

Just another feature that shows how much time the devs put into this title, and how much they listened to game enthusiasts everywhere, to make this game a top notch military sim...

SOURCE: RED SECTOR INC

-

Re: First Person free look mode!

Originally posted by en4rcment View Post
    I had no idea you could do this in ArmA!!!
    You could do this in Flashpoint, actually.

The feature that makes it really useful in ArmA can be seen demonstrated in this video:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...71383685&hl=en

Comment

Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post

The feature that makes it really useful in ArmA can be seen demonstrated in this video:
      I didn't know you could do that in OFP...I was usually too busy trying not to get shot. Looks like I missed another cool feature.

That TrackIR would definitely fit smoothly into the free look feature...

Comment

Originally posted by en4rcment View Post
        I didn't know you could do that in OFP...I was usually too busy trying not to get shot. Looks like I missed another cool feature.
        It's toggled the same way in both games - either by holding down ALT or by toggling it on/off with the numpad * key. Or maybe it was L - I forget the default bind.

That TrackIR would definitely fit smoothly into the free look feature...
        It does. It's one of the things I was most excited to see introduced in ArmA, and it has most definitely lived up to expectations.

Comment

Hahahaha! En4 is behind the times!!

But yeah, TrackIR support is going to be awesome. I think about having basic free look support like in OFP while playing other games. Slapping TrackIR to it is revolutionary. I want more FPS games to use this technology.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc= View Post
            I want more FPS games to use this technology.
            The Half-Life 2 mod "Insurgency" is going to have TrackIR support. After it and ArmA, who knows what'll be next. If ArmA makes a strong showing for the US release, the TrackIR support will get more visibility, and NaturalPoint will be able to use it as a showcase game for what it adds to the experience. Here's hoping!

Comment

The Half-Life 2 mod "Insurgency" is going to have TrackIR support. After it and ArmA, who knows what'll be next. If ArmA makes a strong showing for the US release, the TrackIR support will get more visibility, and NaturalPoint will be able to use it as a showcase game for what it adds to the experience. Here's hoping!
              That's good news! I didn't think any other FPS games were planning on TrackIR support. I'll check out Insurgency when it's ready for play.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Dslyecxi, how natural is it to use the TrackIR? I would think constantly moving your head but trying to keep your eyes on the screen would give you a headache or eye-strain. Any problems with that? I'm interested in TrackIR for ArmA and Aces High II.

Comment

Originally posted by Makarov View Post
                  Dslyecxi, how natural is it to use the TrackIR? I would think constantly moving your head but trying to keep your eyes on the screen would give you a headache or eye-strain. Any problems with that? I'm interested in TrackIR for ArmA and Aces High II.
                  I haven't had any issues with that. You can adjust the sensitivity/acceleration/deadzone to whatever you want, so you can use as much or as little head movement as you desire.

I have a picture-in-picture video of Aces High 2 and TrackIR available as well.. you can find it by searching for "TrackIR" on Google Video, I believe my ArmA/Aces High 2 videos are the top two shown.

Comment

and it's a fantastic video, highly recommended, Great job on that BTW D.
                    (you can also download it at www.armedassaultzone.com)
                    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X