Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you get the German Version download of Armed Assault...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you get the German Version download of Armed Assault...

This is mostly for my American brothers who just couldn't wait any longer to get there hands on the next greatest PC title... Armed Assault.

I finally got it downloaded, it took 2 days and 5 time outs, but the secret to downloading is to do one at a time, once I re-started again at 8 AM today, I downloaded the first file, then the second, took 11 hours total.

Print out your receipt! with the 2 keys.

When you install, you'll need the second number on your receipt first, then when you start the game, (Warning: It is protected by StarForce!), you'll need the first number on your receipt to "activate" it. (would of been nice to know that at the beginning, I assumed first number first, lol.

Installing was a snap, starting up is a snap...

BTW: you do not need, and will mess up your game if you try to install the German patch, the download is already patched.

I installed the "English unofficial patch", the patch (version .6) per instructions and said installed correctly, but never worked for me. The game is pretty much in English anyway, but re-programming settings is difficult if you don't read German. (My wife had to explain everything to me, lol.)

It ran well, I only did the training and the first single mission. The training is kinda cool, kind of like Americas Army is/was, where it saves your record, (but not online). The first mission is a simple 1 man convoy ambush, not very realistic but was fun to blow up a few things so quick.

If you can't wait, don't mind working around bugs, and have an extra 56 US dollars, then... hey go for it, look for me online. ;)

BUT, I would suggest to all that you wait for the official US release in February unless your a diehard like me. JMO.

More info to follow.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: If you get the German Version download...

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
    BUT, I would suggest to all that you wait for the official US release in February unless your a diehard like me. JMO.
    I really want to play but Ill take your advice and hold off. :(

Comment

Yeah, me too. I guess I'll stay with good 'ole BF2 until AA comes out.

Comment

hhhmmmm...

What the hell...as soon as we have power again back home I belive I'm gonna go for it!!! LOL I'm a sucker like that....

any more info would be appreciated Magnum...

thanks,

Chappie

Comment

I installed the English translation patch, very well done and works great.

As of now, IMO, it is a FANTASTIC infantry combat simulation, in the heart of GR and OFP, before a US release, they need to work on the tanks a little more, and the helo's alot more.

But I won't be regretting playing this fine "beta" lol.
          Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

heres one users "review" if your looking for info.

http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boa...f=162;t=000029
            Last edited by Magnum50; 12-03-2006, 09:42 AM. Reason: forgot link
            Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

I think I'm gonna wait too.....
              "If the sword is always sheathed, it will become rusty, the blade will dull, and people will think as much of its owner." Yamamoto Tsunetomo, Hagakure: The Book of the Samurai

I prefer a challenge and teamwork rather than a stat loading server without sound tactical ideals.

Comment

I thought only the Czech version would have Starforce, not the German version.

Comment

The German download version has Starforce, but not the actual CD version.

Comment

Wait we have an official release date?
                    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

US version in Feb most likely via download. From my contacts, Id's say 80% accurate.
                      Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

don't mean to sound like and complete idiot but remember I AM a Rookie, lol but what is Starforce?? anyone care to enlighten me?
                        PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

[QUOTE=Magnum50;605873]I installed the English translation patch, very well done and works great.

1) Where might I be able to find that English converter?

2) is the converter free?

3) is it pretty easy to convert?

I got about 49 minutes of DL time left and would like to look into the method that obviously worked for you so I am not wasting to much more time. Thanks
                          PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

Originally posted by Rookie420 View Post
                            Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                            I installed the English translation patch, very well done and works great.
                            1) Where might I be able to find that English converter?

2) is the converter free?

3) is it pretty easy to convert?

I got about 49 minutes of DL time left and would like to look into the method that obviously worked for you so I am not wasting to much more time. Thanks
                            Check this thread, it's up to 0.8 now.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bi...T;f=64;t=54593
                            Last edited by FriedFish; 12-04-2006, 10:05 PM. Reason: fixed broken quotes

Comment

Starforce is a copy protection scheme that some people consider draconian, mostly because it's a little annoying to remove and it has broken people's CD drives/computers before. Keep in mind though that that almost never, ever happens. Mostly Starforce has a bad rep because the people behind it are jerks who refuse to acknowledge the problem (probably because they can't reproduce it but still). All in all I don't really buy games with Starforce because I'm not a big fan, but as a program I have little problem with it being on my computer and if it was the only way to get Armed Assault or something I would live.

Then again, just wait for the American version. It might not have Starforce, plus it will probably be less buggy.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X