Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pleased so far..... :)

Hey all,

Just wanted to report my experience so far. Download and install was really easy...I had to download the files at my in-laws house due to the power outage in our area from a big winter storm last week...burned both files onto a DVD and installed ArmA on my system this evening. Started it up and off I went...whoops..forgot to install the German to English translation patch...I knew enough German from watching German Bundesliga soccer matches to mess around with it a bit..but decided to quit and install the patch...translation patch was flawless..All English now.

So far the game is awesome...very good looking and runs well on my system so far...: AMD Opteron 144 @stock speeds, 1024 ram, a geforce 6800gs video card and onboard sound on my ASUS A8N5X motherboard...

Running the game at 1152x864 with some AF and minimal AA...shadows on low...forgot what else right now..

I haven't had any big fire fights yet so I'm not sure how performance will be over all but so far I'm very pleased!!!!

I think this is going to be a very big thing at TG!!!

Chappie

Re: Pleased so far..... :)

hehe , same here m8. Took me 28 minutes to download the 2 files. Installation was very smooth , same with the German to English patch ;D

This game is soo...... amazing ! Playing the game at 1280x1024 , except for the shadows that i have on low , the rest is on high.

I was crowling in the forrest when my nose bumpt in too some pretty amazing purple flowers , kindof like RL flowers lol.
    I did some training with the blackhawk tn8 , that chopper is very cool to fly with and has very nice details. The world you play in is HUGE ,and i mean realy huge ;D

I think this game has all wath TG 'rs are looking for , there are like a 100 ways how you can go to your mission , how you will approach that bridge , what kind of insertion transport you gonna use with your team , how your gonna get your team out , where you gonna have your RV's , etc etc .......

I gonna try make a little movie tomorow and will take some screens ;-)

Now , i need my bed , its past 3 in the morning here ;D

Greetz FWO
    ***"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit."***

Harry Truman

***My mom always said ;"even if you are a general by statspadding , you still are a wussy if you dint jump Halo !!!"***

Clicky =>

Comment

Can you provide a link to the German -> English patch that you used?

I'm getting the server set up now. The main ArmA files are downloading, but I want to be sure to use a verified German->English patch once I get the thing installed.

I've seen references to a couple, but if you have one that you know works, that will be the one I use!
      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Yes, I'm on the same quest Chappie. Eagerly awaiting....
        --
        VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

Tick tock, tick tock, bytes are downloading, hopefully done by 5 o'clock.

Comment

Sorry guys...LOL

Here you go...http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=234

all the way down the bottom of the page...

Hope to see you on the battlefields soon..

Chappie

Comment

There are a bunch of manual patching steps at the bottom. Do you need to go through this whole process or just run the patch download after installation?

Comment

I guess I could have read it in more detail. Seems the patcher does all that work for you now.

Comment

Oh good,

you got it....I was just about to post.....

Keep us informed Apo!!!!

Chappie

Comment

Chappie, how are FPS on your system? I have an Intel 28 w/HT, 2048MB DDR, ATI x850 XT Platinum and I'm trying to discern how many 'pretties' I'll be able to have activated while playing.
                    It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X