BI Studios Releases Armed Assault Dedicated Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BI Studios Releases Armed Assault Dedicated Server

I just got word from Placebo that BI Studios has released the dedicated server for Armed Assault!

The Tactical Gamer server has been upgraded to the dedicated server binary and is back on-line. Keep an eye on the server over the next couple days as we review a variety of ArmA community-developed multiplayer missions and bring them into rotation on the server.

Kudos to all the folks over at BI Studios for their efforts in getting this dedicated server binary released so quickly!
    Last edited by Apophis; 12-08-2006, 11:48 AM.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Re: BI Studios Releases Armed Assault Dedicated Server

If some data can be recorded such as mem usage, cpu load, number of players etc, etc, that would be very useful, especially of interest would be if you can give it a real load test, get someone to knock up a 50 player DM, 70 player, 100 player etc ;)
    Last edited by Placebo; 12-08-2006, 11:37 AM. Reason: it's data not date you stupid muppet!
    Placebo is leaving the building.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
      Definitely the start of good things to come!
      Indeed.

Thanks Champ.

Kudos to Magnum50 and the others who helped get the ball rolling on this.
      (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
      (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
      (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
      Squad Leader pledge to their team:
      Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Originally posted by Placebo View Post
        If some date can be recorded such as mem usage, cpu load, number of players etc, etc, that would be very useful, especially of interest would be if you can give it a real load test, get someone to knock up a 50 player DM, 70 player, 100 player etc ;)
        I'll see what I can pull together! Now that we have the dedicated server binary, I will probably get this installed on a couple different machines. The server we're running on right now is a Dual Xeon 3.0GHz w/ 2GB memory.

Comment

Talk about great timing... Wow!
          It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Comment

Muuuhhaaaaaa,

exceellllennnttt...Now I really feel bad......ohhhh bosssss????

Rats..about 4 hours of work left......DOH!!!

Great job Apo!!! Thanks Placebo....and everyone else for making this happen so quickly!!!

Chappie

Comment

I have 4.5 hours left of work too. I'm too busy checking the TG forums to get any work done at the moment though. Might as well let me go home. ;)
              It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Comment

I'll join you for a game tomorrow lads ;)

Comment

Sweet, time to download it. :)

Comment

i have to buy another game without the wife knowing.....crap
                    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                    -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Placebo View Post
                      If some data can be recorded such as mem usage, cpu load, number of players etc, etc, that would be very useful, especially of interest would be if you can give it a real load test, get someone to knock up a 50 player DM, 70 player, 100 player etc ;)
                      I gather the game is not running all smooth yet, but boy is it a welcome change to see devs actually involved in the community instead of the EA doublespeak "support" of the community.

Comment

I wouldn't say it's not running smooth. There are still a couple wrinkles here and there, but it's still a quality game that delivers high quality gameplay. I've never known BI Studios to leave issues unattended, so any wrinkles that ARE there are sure to be fixed in short order.

Comment

Well it's not perfect yet by a long way, and it won't ever be perfect, but it will end up being a damn good game, and with each patch we'll get closer and closer :)
                          Placebo is leaving the building.

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR] View Post
                            i have to buy another game without the wife knowing.....crap
                            That's funny. I'm putting the wife and I on a budget next year since we are close to having kids and I was just thinking that I need to get this game in under the wire. :)

Comment

I had told my wife that I wouldn't be getting the game until Feb., and my extra pocket money went to Wii goodness, so I am in the same boat. If you are still looking for a great budget plan/program, check out http://www.mvelopes.com/

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X