Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Czech Armed Assault's now available on Sprocket

Originally posted by OFP.info
    Czech version of Armed Assault has recently appeared on Sprocket, online distribution system by IDEA Games. Those amongst you that eagerly want the game, regardlessly of language it is in, this is your chance. The download weighs at around 2.8 GB and costs 33.
    Well, you can get now ArmA in the Sprocket thing. I have no doubt that this has StarForce.

Re: Czech Armed Assault's now available on Sprocket

Originally posted by Paperchase View Post
    I have no doubt that this has StarForce.
    My information is that it has softwrap only.
    Placebo is leaving the building.

Comment

Originally posted by Placebo View Post
      My information is that it has softwrap only.

Softwrap?? I've never heard of that Placebo...hmmm...

thanks for the info.

Chappie

Comment

Originally posted by Chappie View Post
        Softwrap?? I've never heard of that
        I hadn't heard of it either

softwrap.com

Comment

I bought this version.

Here's a breakdown of my experience:
          - Download was handled by a little Sprocket Download program and maxed out my 300 KB/s line.
          - Email reciept was recieved within seconds of purchase.
          - Install was in Czech, so I don't know what it was asking me all the time, when I didn't know, I just left it at default.
          - I was able to install it without problem to my D: drive.
          - Download was 1.01 already, but I assume in the future I'll need a special patches for my Sprocket version.
          - $45, ~$10 cheaper than the German version.
          - no sign of Starforce, just the Softwrap protection.
          - Installed the Czech to English translation without any problems.

Overall, the Sprocket service seems functional. I can't really comment on their customer support nor on their process for reactivation. I prefer Steam just because it keeps programs patched for me. I'd rate Sprocket on par with Direct2Drive.

EDIT: Apparently some peole at BIS's forums are having issues either getting their download or getting their key. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who got both to work. Sprocket is brand new, so you might want to give them a few days to sort their stuff out.
          Last edited by FriedFish; 12-10-2006, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Count me among the people who are having problems with the Sprocket service.

It took my money easy enough - I received a receipt from PayPal - but that was it. No license key, no download links or links to the Sprocket downloader program...nothing at all. It's been over four hours now. I am somewhat pissed.
            [volun]

Comment

Tell me how it works out Polish, I am not sure which service to go with yet.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_PolishBoogieman View Post
                Count me among the people who are having problems with the Sprocket service.

It took my money easy enough - I received a receipt from PayPal - but that was it. No license key, no download links or links to the Sprocket downloader program...nothing at all. It's been over four hours now. I am somewhat pissed.

The information I have for those people having issues with their ArmA purchase:

CD Key error in MP - This is an issue related to CD Key registration with the Gamespy master server, issue will be resolved today.

Email received, no CD Key - If you paid with paypal it's a known issue and will be resolved ASAP.

No Email received at all - that's strange and is a softwrap issue, contact Softwrap's support.

Downloader cannot connect - check your firewall, etc., contact support.

Downloader not downloaded - see the link in your confirmation Email.

Problem with installation - Contact support.

Comment

thx Placebo for the info, support, and visit here.
                  Your a great PR guy, others could learn from you. ;)
                  Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                    Your a great PR guy
                    I agree!

Seriously though, thanks, I appreciate it, but I'm really just doing my job :)

Comment

Originally posted by Placebo View Post
                      I agree!

Seriously though, thanks, I appreciate it, but I'm really just doing my job :)

Thats all we ask as gamers for the developers to do. Help us out after the game is released and purchased. Thanks
                      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                      -Vulcan

Comment

After an email to Sprocket's contact address and one to Softwrap (which immediately bounced - [email protected] is busted), I have not heard one word from anyone. I have no software, no link to software, no software key, and not even an acknowledgement that I will receive any of the above.

The only part of the transaction that worked was when they took my money. That worked flawlessly. They got that part down real good.

I don't have a good feeling about this one at all. I think I'm screwed. Caveat emptor, my friends. Placebo, anything you can do for me?
                        [volun]

Comment

Keep us up to date Polish, I am going to buy the game Friday. If they dont get yours fiqured out I am going to go with the German version. Hopefully everything gets worked out for you soon.

Comment

Hi PolishBoogieman,

For softwrap support, you can try using the feedback form at softwrap.com (/feedback.aspx). It seemed to work for me.

I'm a little luckier -- I ran into the no-cd-key PayPal problem when I bought it on Saturday, but I got the download link, and a new email with a cd key was waiting for me this morning. I'm up and running now.

Good luck.

-Lowrider

Comment

Thanks LowRider - I sent Softwrap a *polite* message. Let's see what transpires.
                              [volun]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X