Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Purchase and Install the GERMAN and CZECH Versions of Armed Assault RIGHT NOW

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Purchase and Install the GERMAN and CZECH Versions of Armed Assault RIGHT NOW

Until the English release of Armed Assault on February 22nd, 2007, Tactical Gamer will be supporting the Czech and German versions of the game. If you don't speak German or Czech, don't worry; a patch exists for both versions of Armed Assault that will translate the game into English. So, if you're ready to order one of these versions now and get an early start with us, read on.

Ordering the GERMAN Version (Exploding Silver) -- Original Thread
    - Purchase ($55 US) and download Armed Assault from Morphicon/Metaboli.
    - You should receive an e-mail receipt soon after your purchase. The e-mail will include two numeric keys. One key is the Serial Number, and the other key is the Multiplayer Key. In case you do not receive your e-mail receipt in a timely manner, it would probably be smart to write down your numeric keys.
    - Install Armed Assault. You will be prompted for the Multiplayer Key. Further instructions will be in German, so if you don't understand the prompts then it's probably safe to stick with the defaults.
    - This version of Armed Assault uses Starforce. Start the game, and you will be prompted to enter the Serial Key to activate the game.
    - Download and install the v1.02 GERMAN Patch.
    - Download and install the v0.9 German/Czech -> English translation patch.

- Some issues with the German version, including possible remedies:
    • Your version of DirectX may not be up to date. If you get a DirectX error when trying to run the game, go to the Microsoft website and search for "DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer." Download it and install it. Pending this, you should no longer get the DirectX error.
    • Norton may be blocking Armed Assault, and this has caused some users to crash to desktop when trying to run the game. Go into Norton and unblock Armed Assault.

Ordering the CZECH Version (FriedFish) -- Original Thread
    - Purchase ($45 US) and download Armed Assault from Sprocket.
    - You should receive an e-mail receipt soon after your purchase that will include your numeric key(s).
    - Install Armed Assault. Instructions will be in Czech, so if you don't understand the prompts then it's probably safe to stick with the defaults.
    - This version of Armed Assault does not use Starforce. Instead, it uses a proprietary Softwrap protection.
    - Download and install the v1.02 CZECH Patch.
    - Download and install the v0.9 German/Czech -> English translation patch.

- Some issues with the Czech version, including possible remedies (Placebo and Exploding Silver):
    • E-mail received, but no CD Key - If you paid with Paypal it's a known issue and will be resolved ASAP.
    • No e-mail received at all - This is a softwrap issue; contact Softwrap's Support.
    • Downloader cannot connect - Check your firewall, etc.; contact Support.
    • Downloader not downloaded - See the link in your confirmation e-mail.
    • Problem with installation - Contact Support.
    • Your version of DirectX may not be up to date. If you get a DirectX error when trying to run the game, go to the Microsoft website and search for "DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer." Download it and install it. Pending this, you should no longer get the DirectX error.
    • Norton may be blocking Armed Assault, and this has caused some users to crash to desktop when trying to run the game. Go into Norton and unblock Armed Assault.

- CZECH Version FAQs

Q. Can I backup the downloaded files?
    A. Yes

Originally posted by Buccaneer View Post
    The installer is actually in C:/Documents and Settings/Your docs/Desktop. I burned that to DVD (2.59Gb) using Nero. And used it to install the game earlier. So yes, just copy the entire installer.

Thanks to all who contributed this information! If anything is incorrect, or if anything needs to be updated, please post it in this thread.
    Last edited by Strag; 01-19-2007, 07:16 PM.

Re: How to Purchase and Install the GERMAN and CZECH Versions of Armed Assault RIGHT

Update

- CZECH Version FAQs

Q. Can I backup the downloaded files?
    A. Yes

Originally posted by Buccaneer View Post
    The installer is actually in C:/Documents and Settings/Your docs/Desktop. I burned that to DVD (2.59Gb) using Nero. And used it to install the game earlier. So yes, just copy the entire installer.

Comment

Re: How to Purchase and Install the GERMAN and CZECH Versions of Armed Assault RIGHT

awsome support guys.
      (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
      (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
      (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
      Squad Leader pledge to their team:
      Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

This is very helpful. Nicely done.
        Long Live the 2nd BCT and 1st MIP

Comment

The question still remains... do I wait or get the German version?

And after about 2 nanoseconds I've decided to wait because my current rig doesnt support pixel shader 2.0. DOH!

Comment

Updated to include information for the v1.02 patch.

Comment

Originally posted by Strag View Post
              • E-mail received, but no CD Key - If you paid with Paypal it's a known issue and will be resolved ASAP.
              I can't for the life of me find where I can pay with Paypal, and not having a credit card this is my only option besides waiting. (And waiting is not an option!)

Can someone give me a kind shove in the right direction?

Comment

Ok, one is $10 cheaper. I don't really care so much about the cash but I'm wondering which is worse... starforce or softwrap.

Comment

Starforce, for sure. I assume you know about all the problems Starforce causes for us all.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X