Bind CTRL, and other protected keys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bind CTRL, and other protected keys

Any one know how to get around the protected keys, my L Ctrl is my reload and really cant get around using another button for reload.

Re: Bind CTRL, and other protected keys

yikes that is a terrible key for reload.. let us know if you find a solution.

Comment

Originally posted by talkingBEERmug View Post
      Any one know how to get around the protected keys, my L Ctrl is my reload and really cant get around using another button for reload.
      Mug,

I'm a bit confused by your post. Do you want to assign the reload function to your left CTRL key??? By default the reload key on my game is the "R" key.

thanks,

Chappie

Comment

He wants to bind reload to the L-CTRL key, because he is used to using it. However, Arma has locked this key, and you cannot bind it to say... crouch - which I was trying to do last night :P

Comment

If their is a txt file for your controls you might be able to over ride it from their. I am stuck at work so I can't look for it right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo View Post
            If their is a txt file for your controls you might be able to over ride it from their. I am stuck at work so I can't look for it right now.
            Key bindings are in <PROFILENAME>.ArmAProfile (My Documents > ArmA, or, > ArmA Other Profiles).

I'm not sure what # the L-CTRL key is, but I did look around long enough to find that the command that L-CTRL is bound to by default is not listed in the profile (command fire).

Comment

I did bind a different action to Left-Ctrl the other night, and now I think this is why ArmA did not save my configuration. It worked during the session I was playing, but when I came back into the game later, all my controls were reset to the defaults. Since then, I've been trying to learn ArmA's WASD system.

Comment

Ahh I was confused... R would be the correct key bind for reload to me :) That or one of my extra mouse buttons.

Comment

Ok, I have used my L Ctrl for reload since I started playing FPS, its just the way I rebind my keys.

Battle Field 2 did this when the game first came out, but I was able to bypass it by text editing the controls. Have not looked into Armed's controls, but im scared cus I bought it in Germen.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X