A look at the new helo FM, and the new TrackClipPro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A look at the new helo FM, and the new TrackClipPro

If any of you are interested, I've created a new ArmA video that shows off the as-yet-unreleased improved helo flight model, as well as the new TrackClipPro accessory for TrackIR's.

Both of them are very, very cool.

You can download the video here. I'll link to a Google Video version of it when that becomes available.

The video only shows off the Littlebird (since it's such a nimble, fun thing to fly), but the flight model improvements extend to all helos. It's a huge, huge, huge improvement over the original release's flight model. If anyone had any doubts about BIS being able to address issues with ArmA, hopefully this will help to quell them.

As to the TrackClipPro, for those of you that have a TrackIR4 and aren't too fond of the TrackHat, it's definitely something to look into. It's a clip (surprise!) that can attach to headphones/headsets/etc, as seen below on my Sennheisers.

Re: A look at the new helo FM, and the new TrackClipPro

Fantastic video! I don't have ArmA...yet (I will soon enough), but its good to see that the helicopter issues are being dealt with, since I've heard so much about the flight model.

It's also a great video demonstrating the TrackClipPro. I have yet to buy a TrackIR4 as well, but I will likely buy one at the same time I buy ArmA, and its great to see that it works so perfectly with the Sennheiser 595's, of which I have a pair myself (as well as a pair of 650's).
    Focused

Comment

Thanks for the vid Dslyecxi. Looking good.

I am hoping my TrackClipPro arrives sometime today. Its going to be miles better than wearing a baseball cap and pro-vector (I only have TIR3).
      sigpic
      | |
      TG ArmA Pathfinder
      One pass haul ass - Greed kills

Comment

Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post
        If any of you are interested, I've created a new ArmA video that shows off the as-yet-unreleased improved helo flight model, as well as the new TrackClipPro accessory for TrackIR's.

Both of them are very, very cool.

You can download the video here. I'll link to a Google Video version of it when that becomes available.

The video only shows off the Littlebird (since it's such a nimble, fun thing to fly), but the flight model improvements extend to all helos. It's a huge, huge, huge improvement over the original release's flight model. If anyone had any doubts about BIS being able to address issues with ArmA, hopefully this will help to quell them.

As to the TrackClipPro, for those of you that have a TrackIR4 and aren't too fond of the TrackHat, it's definitely something to look into. It's a clip (surprise!) that can attach to headphones/headsets/etc, as seen below on my Sennheisers.

Cool... are you a member of the dev team or just have access to the beta?

Comment

I'm having a hard time understanding the TrackIR system. You move your head and can look around right? But your monitor is still in front of you, if you are looking left you can't see your monitor but out of the corner of your eye! ;) Does it register slight movements as full head turns?
          It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Comment

From what I understand you can calibrate TrackIR so when you move your head a few degrees to one side or the other then that motion is exaggerated in game.

Comment

Yea, that's the only way it would make sense. However, as often as I have to turn around and say something or 'look' at my wife while I'm playing it'd be a disaster for me. ;)
              It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Comment

Originally posted by fldash View Post
                Yea, that's the only way it would make sense. However, as often as I have to turn around and say something or 'look' at my wife while I'm playing it'd be a disaster for me. ;)
                Yeah but when you look back at your monitor then your view will return to normal!

Comment

haha, yea except for my character in game will look ridiculous with his head on backwards. ;)

Comment

Ok that is just too cool.
                    Retired 6th DB

Comment

One of the best ways to implement Track IR is simply with 2 monitors. This way as you look left and right there is always a front view in front of u. As for up and down.. well, ur on ur own there.

Overall best solution? Get a 24" LCD :)
                      OR, get a $10,000 VR headset.

Comment

Do you have your TIR profile available for download Dslyecxi? I only have TIR3 Pro, so not sure if a TIR4 profile would work with a 3?

Points to ponder ......
                        sigpic
                        | |
                        TG ArmA Pathfinder
                        One pass haul ass - Greed kills

Comment

Great stuff again there mate, I'll post it up on http://www.armed-assault-zone.com again if you dont mind?

Comment

Originally posted by Jammydodger View Post
                            Great stuff again there mate, I'll post it up on http://www.armed-assault-zone.com again if you dont mind?
                            Feel free.

Do you have your TIR profile available for download Dslyecxi? I only have TIR3 Pro, so not sure if a TIR4 profile would work with a 3?
                            I can put it online later, sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Gambit7 View Post
                              Overall best solution? Get a 24" LCD :)
                              Hehe, I use a 32" widescreen LCD. Suffice to say that I already have to move my head left and right to change my view from end to end :row__577:
                              Focused

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X