If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
© 2006 Bohemia Interactive Studio. All rights reserved.
This application will update your ArmA: Armed Assault to version 1.02
NOTE: The patch will update significant amount of data and it may take long time (10 minutes or even more on some systems).
Be patient and don't try to interupt the patch or restart the system while the patch program is in progress.
- Significantly improved general performance of the German version
- Improved performance on shading detail and texture detail very low
- Optimized grass implementation
- Fixed bug in texture management: All textures could have been thrown away under certain conditions
Stability and Security:
- Some crash opportunities in multiplayer fixed.
- Crash when out of videomemory fixed
- Removed function exportLandscapeXYZ
* Language Patch v0.6 or lower: Need reinstall of game, unless all files were backupped before. But, The current version of the patch is not compatible.
* Language Patch v0.7 or higher: You can put the backups back from the Patchwise.bak folder in your arma folder. But, The current version of the patch is not compatible.
* Choppersoundpatch: You will need to reinstall the game, unless you still have your air.pbo backupped, or if you installed it the modfolder way, then you don't need to reinstall anything. But, The current version of the patch is not compatible.
* Editorpatch: As this is a modfolder installation... you do not need to do anything But, The current version of the patch is not compatible.
* 6thSense Mod: As this is a modfolder installation... you do not need to do anything But, The current version of the mod is not compatible.
Stay tuned for German patch links...
Please note 1.02 is not compatible with 1.01 or 1.00 due to network changes. Also, along with the FYI above, do NOT reinstall the English language patch once you upgrade to 1.02 until an updated version is released.
It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV
so for the German version, just need the German 1.0.2 patch then re-install the latest English conversion or how is that working?
I know I had to completely un-install my download version due to the English translation patch corrupting the campaign.
A. Powers voice:
"Come on Bi Studios throw me a frickin bone here, bad enough your still making the US wait for a proper version, but you can't even allow the patch to over-install on our translated version! ridiculous."
We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.
According to 6th Sense website (specifically Sickboy who worked so hard on the Cz/Ge-En patch) the English translation patch should be out before midnight tonight (CET = GMT +1).
I only installed the game yesterday, with the latest translation. I do believe its easier for me to put the game back to default (without reinstalling). Then putting 1.02 on followed by the updated English translation patch.
I will laugh about all this messing about in February when I buy the official Brit version .....!
Yeah I'll be glad when I can get an English version so I don't have to go through all this when a patch comes out but I gotta say sickboy and the 6th sense guys have done a phenomenal job of keeping their English patch up to date.
what type of errors are you getting?? I can't get the patch to install...I've uninstalled and reinstalled three times now...each time during the patching process I'm getting the same error during the file verification process..."FileAddon sara.pbo is missing" One or more files are damaged or missing....Please reinstall blah...blah..
I've checked in the File Addons folder and that file is there...762,177KB... The game runs just fine...but I can't appley the new patch???