• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armed Assault Patch v1.02 Released

All inclusive information.

Download locations:
    - http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bi...T;f=64;t=55919
    - Tactical Gamer Member Downloads Area (requires Supporting Membership)

Be sure you download the correct patch for your version (GERMAN or CZECH) of the game.

NOTE: If you've installed the v0.8 German/Czech -> English translation patch, you WILL have to restore your copy of ArmA to its original v1.01 state before you can install the ArmA v1.02 patch. There are two ways to do this, depending on how you installed the v0.8 German/Czech -> English translation patch:

1) If you specified that the v0.8 German/Czech -> English translation patch should make backup files, they will be available in a folder called PatchWise.bak in your ArmA folder. You can copy these backed up files over your existing translated game files.

2) If you did not specify that the v0.8 German/Czech -> English translation patch should make backup files, you will need to reinstall ArmA v1.01 before proceeding.

The v0.9 German/Czech -> English translation patch is available here. This translation patch is compatible with ArmA v1.02.

NOTE: If you own the 64-bit version of Windows XP, you may have trouble installing the ArmA v1.02 patch. If this is the case, try booting Windows XP into Safe Mode and then install the v1.02 patch, following the directions given above.

Last edited by Strag; 12-18-2006, 04:18 PM.
    It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Re: Patch v1.02 Released

I just got the game donwloaded.. patched and converted to English. The TG server is a different version, am I patched incorrectly or has the TG server not updated to 1.02 yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Shiner View Post
      The TG server is a different version, am I patched incorrectly or has the TG server not updated to 1.02 yet?
      I'm working on it now.

Comment

No problem I'm heading to bed, just wanted to be sure I'm all setup for tomorrow. Thanks Strag!!

Comment

The Tactical Gamer Armed Assault server has been updated to v1.02 with the v0.9 German/Czech -> English translation patch. See the first post in this thread for important details.

Comment

Downloaded the 1.02 and Cz-En patch from the links provided by Strag.

Followed the instructions to let the files from the Patchwise.bak folder OVERWRITE the files in the ArmA folder. Confirmed this part was completed OK by loading up ArmA - no error messages - and the game is now back in its original Cz.

Double clicked the 1.02 patch and browsed to my ArmA installation. Patch went through its verifying 1.01 - Updating 1.01 - finally Successful 1.02. Updating process took 6 minutes.

Unpacked the Cz-En translation patch directly to my ArmA install folder. O/C looked in the @6th Sense folder, and double clicked the Cz to En 1.02 patch.

Note: I purchased my game from Sprocket. When I launched ArmA after patching I was taken to Softwraps verify purchase page. I resubmitted my Licence Name, and Purchase Ref (displayed when you buy the game - print it off)! It appears the copy protection software see's the 1.02 patch as a major change to the software.

I'm good to go. When ArmA is loaded, bottom of the screen displays "Version 1.02.5103"
            sigpic
            | |
            TG ArmA Pathfinder
            One pass haul ass - Greed kills

Comment

great... anyone have the .9 language patch, the 6sense site is down.
              Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

This link just worked fine for me.
                Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

thx, found it and was coming back to delete/modify the post but you beat me. ;)
                  Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I can not for the life of me get this game patched to 1.02...

1) If you specified that the v0.8 German/Czech -> English translation patch should make backup files, they will be available in a folder called PatchWise.bak in your ArmA folder. You can copy these backed up files over your existing translated game files.

I found the folder...what do I do with it?

or how do you "revert" a game back to a previous version?
                    Long Live the 2nd BCT and 1st MIP

Comment

I don't know Jusb, I just got pissed and reinstalled the game and they new v0.9 patch. I couldn't figure out how to patch it with the modified files.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo View Post
                        I don't know Jusb, I just got pissed and reinstalled the game and they new v0.9 patch. I couldn't figure out how to patch it with the modified files.
                        yeah I ended up doing the same thing and I think it actually was quicker and saved the headach and is more efficient/reliable
                        PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

Originally posted by Rookie420 View Post
                          yeah I ended up doing the same thing and I think it actually was quicker and saved the headach and is more efficient/reliable
                          If I do that I lose an activation key right (German version)? There are 3?- I know i'll need one for my other computer...

Comment

Jusb.

Highlight all the files in the Patchwise.bak folder, select copy, then drop them in to your original ArmA folder. Let them OVERWRITE (do not delete anything) the files already there.

Once this is done, if you launch the game. You will see the game back in its original language

Once the game is patched to 1.02.

Unpack the translation patch directly to your ArmA install folder. O/C look in the @6th Sense folder, and double clicked the Ge to En 1.02 patch.

Game should launch in English. This is how it worked out for me.
                            sigpic
                            | |
                            TG ArmA Pathfinder
                            One pass haul ass - Greed kills

Comment

Originally posted by Buccaneer View Post
                              Jusb.

Highlight all the files in the Patchwise.bak folder, select copy, then drop them in to your original ArmA folder. Let them OVERWRITE (do not delete anything) the files already there.

Once this is done, if you launch the game. You will see the game back in its original language

Once the game is patched to 1.02.

Unpack the translation patch directly to your ArmA install folder. O/C look in the @6th Sense folder, and double clicked the Ge to En 1.02 patch.

Game should launch in English. This is how it worked out for me.
                              I re-installed the game, tried everything suggested - starting in safe mode etc - wiping and redownloaded all the patches - specifically using the one I got in email and it STILL won't patch to 1.02...

it really shouldn't be this hard...

I can play 1.01 w/ the language patch (like I was) but I bought this game to play MP and can't get to the 1.02 patch to take. error this, missing that, frozen patch installs. All this talk of partition this, copy dvd that, transfer this etc etc

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X