Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Content for the UK Release of Armed Assault

Saw this earlier today.. very cool stuff. :D

505 Games and Bohemia Interactive are today delighted to reveal that the PAL(1) release of the eagerly awaited combat simulation ArmA: Armed Assault will feature exclusive weapons, vehicles and mission content when released for PC on February 16th, 2007.

“We are really pleased to be able to enhance the ArmA experience with this excellent exclusive content for the game’s February launch”, said Marek Spanel, Project Lead at BIS. “Offering such exciting new features before the game has even launched is Bohemia’s way of showing our appreciation of the dedicated ArmA fan community and to reward gamers’ patience as the game readies for release.”

Lucky European gamers will experience a wealth of exciting exclusive features when ArmA: Armed Assault blasts into stores, including:

· Two new aircraft: take to the skies in the fearsome Su-34 Fighter and Su-34 Bomber
    · Two new motorbikes: powerful “hogs of war” for both sides of the battle with the TT650 and the M1030 military motorcycles
    · Four new weapons: the Russian rifle AKS74PSO; another Russian favourite the KSVK; the giant US-designed M107 and US rifle variant the M16A4

The PAL version of ArmA: Armed Assault will also launch with an exclusive new mission called “Blood, Sweat and Tears”. This assignment sees players cast as either special operative Cpt. Mike Lambert or Pvt. Rich Angelo in an open-ended scenario that takes place on one very long morning on the bloody battlefields of Sahrani.

ArmA: Armed Assault, published by 505 Games and developed by Bohemia Interactive, is scheduled for release for PC on February 16th.
    Posted on 12/19/2006 12:38

Re: New Content for the UK Release

Awesome. They really are going to do the release just like they did with Cold War Crisis. At least we'll get a fully-fleshed game when it releases in the US. (hopefully)

Comment

awsome.

/after hearing this news, Rick paddles the oars with more gusto.
      16-2-07 is holding strong, good.
      (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
      (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
      (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
      Squad Leader pledge to their team:
      Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Hopefully that content will be included in a update for the other versions. I guess they would have to if they want them all to be compatible.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo View Post
          Hopefully that content will be included in a update for the other versions. I guess they would have to if they want them all to be compatible.
          Of course it will be.

Comment

Well, the M16A4 finally appears. Not so exclusive anymore.

Comment

"The PAL version of ArmA: Armed Assault will also launch with an exclusive new mission called “Blood, Sweat and Tears”. This assignment sees players cast as either special operative Cpt. Mike Lambert or Pvt. Rich Angelo in an open-ended scenario that takes place on one very long morning on the bloody battlefields of Sahrani."

This is XboX stuff correct? In any case a mission isn't that hot, afterall the PC community release those quite frequently by its own missionmakers.
              --
              VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

Originally posted by PanzerHans View Post
                This is XboX stuff correct? In any case a mission isn't that hot, afterall the PC community release those quite frequently by its own missionmakers.
                No, it's not XBox. The mission may not be a huge deal, but the new vehicles, on the other hand, are.

Comment

In that case can anybode enlighten me to what PAL refers to in this context?
                  --

Comment

Originally posted by PanzerHans View Post
                    In that case can anybode enlighten me to what PAL refers to in this context?
                    My guess is that they're referring to the UK version that will appear in stores rather than the downloadable version. Or maybe they're just referring to the UK version (both DL and hard copy) as PAL and the version that will eventually be released in the US as NTSC.

Again, I'm just throwing out possibilities...

Comment

But both terms refer to something that makes no sense in a PC world. PAL/NTSC is a video format on TVs. A PC game does not have to worry about this as the videocard drivers would handle conversion.
                      --

Comment

I'm preaty sure they use PAL to describe the general European region as a whole in terms of releases. Probably due to the fact 505 Games deals with mainly console games (I think ArmA is the only PC game it is distributing).

Comment

So are US and European DVD and CD-Rom drives compatible? Are there PAL and NTSC versions of those?

My real question is, If I buy a UK version from an online store will it work in my US PC?

-

Comment

There is regioncode support on DVD players/recorders. I've yet to see region code limitations put on PCgames. PAL or NTSC does not apply to PCgames.

So for your question, yes.
                            --

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse