Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Armed assault, starforce and daemon tools.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armed assault, starforce and daemon tools.

Hi all I have a question while I await the release of Armed assault.

I've heard that ArmA uses starforce. Now my question is, can you play ArmA when you have daemon tools installed?

Since daemon tools is quite valuable software for me I won't buy Arma If it means an uninstall.
    (Actually when I bought BF2 the game wouldn't load because BF2 actually turns off my dvd drive, so daemon is the only way to play my legally purchased game there.)

If people in the know or that are playing the game already have more knowledge about possible problems with starforce on ArmA and other software, I would greatly appreciate any info you have.

The goal of this post is to be able to avoid buying a game that either won't work on my pc due to its protection software, or require me to uninstall some software I need.

Thanks to any posters for info.

Re: Armed assault, starforce and daemon tools.

I have DTools installed and play the German version of Armed Assault fine.
    It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Comment

I have Alcohol 120 installed and also have no issues with Armed Assault. I tend to rip all my games with Alcohol 120 when I get them and then stash the discs in a big binder. I hate having to hunt for discs when I want to play a game, so this solution works quite well.

I heard that ArmA won't be protected with Starforce in the US release (and the UK release?). I'm not sure if this is true, but I seem to recall reading it on the BIS forums. Something to double check.

I think Placebo commented on this very issue in the TG forums as well. A search by post for "Starforce" might yield some results in that area.
      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by fldash View Post
        I have DTools installed and play the German version of Armed Assault fine.
        German ArmA uses Securom ;)
        Placebo is leaving the building.

Comment

Ok, thanks all.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X