Server Schedule Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Schedule Discussion

Now that folks have had an opportunity to get familiar with ArmA, let's discuss the schedule for our server.

The proposed plan is to have our server passworded five nights during the week, possibly from Tuesday night through Saturday night. The remaining two nights would be completely open for public play and recruitment. The five passworded nights would give folks a chance to enjoy higher quality "pick up" games.

However, it would be great if we could have formal scheduled sessions during some of these passworded nights. These sessions would require initiative and planning from interested players, and could certainly involve custom missions. We've all seen the level of play possible with OFP/ArmA thanks to Dslyecxi's ShackTac AARs, and there's no reason why Tactical Gamers can't enjoy the same level of play here. This would allow us to grow an ArmA group that could participate in joint operations with/against established groups like ShackTac -- events which would be the epitome of coordinated online gaming.

If this sort of gaming interests you, please step up and help get the ball rolling. We'll need a solid cadre of in-game leaders to make things happen on the battlefield in ArmA, and now is the time to start growing those leaders. The admin team is ready to support this effort, but we need folks who want to lead to get involved. This is necessary if we want to enjoy more than just daily or weekly "pick up" games in ArmA.

As always, please post your feedback.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Strag; 12-20-2006, 12:02 PM.

Re: Server Schedule Discussion

One suggestion I would make is if the admins plan to stick to a Tue-Sat password schedule is reserve Friday or Saturday nights for one large scale (CTI for example) type of game with coop or hum v. hum.

Another idea is to set aside a different night(s) as a "test" night for different missions - designed here at TG (Chappie for example or 1st MIP) or elsewhere - similar to the successful Tac Mod nights on the BF2 server...
    Long Live the 2nd BCT and 1st MIP

Comment

Originally posted by Jusb View Post
      if the admins plan to stick to a Tue-Sat password schedule
      That's part of what is up for discussion. If anyone would prefer to see a different passworded server schedule, please post so we can take it into consideration.

Comment

I'd like to make my recommendation, and it's purely because of my own greed and desires, no other reasons.

I would like passworded co-op nights on Sun or Mon or both nights.

1) Just because those are my only two days off.
        2) I prefer coop over anything else.
        3) I can't stand playing with non-TG members.
        4) I hate people playing on our server who are NOT on teamspeak.
        5) and finally I hate people in general. lol jk.

just my 2 cents and desires, again purely evolved around ME! ;)
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I would love to get some passworded games going but latley I have checked and there are 0 people in TS. Is it me or are there only like 4 of us playing ARMA??

Comment

I think allot of ppl are still busy exploring the game , the editor , etc etc ...

About the server , i am easygooing. I can tweak my RL pretty well to play when i want too , so i leave the serverplanning to other ppl with less free time ;D

grtz FWO
            ***"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit."***

Harry Truman

***My mom always said ;"even if you are a general by statspadding , you still are a wussy if you dint jump Halo !!!"***

Clicky =>

Comment

I've only had the game 5 days, but each time I log-in there are 0 players on the TG server so I just head into the editor to practice with it.

Comment

A suggestion to those who look at the server and see zero people playing the game:

Organize an event. Even something simple like a two-mission gaming session can turn into something memorable if like-minded players are with you. Create a thread and post something like,

I would like to play through Over There and Over There II. I plan to insert at 8pm Eastern on Thursday night. I'll be leading the mission, and I'll need all the help I can get. Please join me!

Without something like this, everybody is going to continue to check in at various times on an empty server. Organization is the key. :icon14:

Comment

Then you and a couple TG'ers will join, start your mission... then have some idiot join, run off on his own, alert the enemy...and ruin the game, you'll disconnect in disgust... (happens every single day to me, almost every single mission.)

Oh damn, sorry... had to post my negative comment. ;)

Happy thoughts people, happy thoughts. It's Christmas!
                  Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                    Then you and a couple TG'ers will join, start your mission... then have some idiot join, run off on his own, alert the enemy...and ruin the game, you'll disconnect in disgust... (happens every single day to me, almost every single mission.)
                    That's why we're looking to password protect the server, Magnum.

Comment

Sunday and Monday we had some really good games. Ill be on tonight around 9:00pm est if anyone wants to play.

As for the password, I would prefer one most of the time but I understand that you need to open the server up to recruit.

Comment

Turbo, if you would, go ahead and make a separate post indicating that you'll be on tonight and are looking for some games. We can certainly get the server passworded.

Comment

we currently have 3 of us in the server now if anyone is interested in joining...It sure will be nice when xfire finally recognizes ArmA so you won;t have to log all the way into the game to see if the server has occupancy.
                          PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

Try using this one http://stats.swec.se:3001/server/list

Comment

I see that Placebo is on this thread! Paul, thanks for all your help here. You were an absolutely amazing PR person for Bohemia, and I wish you all the best on your endeavors in life, and with your wife!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X