Demo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demo

So far I'm disappointed in the demo, constantly crashing and the snapping sounds of pretend fire just realy have me turned off on this. Frame rates are bad and I have a decent system. AI some how seeing you through the trees, that's realy a cary over from the OFP. They also don't miss.
    Asus|i7x970|ddr31600mhz24gb|EVGA GTX680-4gb|1200wcorsairgldatx|CreativeX-F1extrem7.1|Win764bitpro|TrackIr4Pro/ir |JoystickCHFighterstick|SaitekpedalsPro|X52ThrtlCo ntlr|G15Keybrd|32"Lcd HDMI/DVI TV|

Re: Demo

Most of us have had no issues with crashing in the demo. Frame rates, on the other hand, are not stellar. There is more optimization to do. I would check your directX install and video drivers to see if you can update anything.

The snapping sounds are bullets breaking the sound barrier. You learn to react to it.

Comment

Originally posted by AMosely View Post
      Most of us have had no issues with crashing in the demo. Frame rates, on the other hand, are not stellar. There is more optimization to do. I would check your directX install and video drivers to see if you can update anything.

The snapping sounds are bullets breaking the sound barrier. You learn to react to it.
      Well I do build computers on the side, I have updated everything and still random Crash's also.
      Asus|i7x970|ddr31600mhz24gb|EVGA GTX680-4gb|1200wcorsairgldatx|CreativeX-F1extrem7.1|Win764bitpro|TrackIr4Pro/ir |JoystickCHFighterstick|SaitekpedalsPro|X52ThrtlCo ntlr|G15Keybrd|32"Lcd HDMI/DVI TV|

Comment

Hey Wolfseven!

I'm using an ATI 9800XT and managed to get it playable at 1280x1024. I think the biggest thing that helped me was to disable the following three items in the Catalyst Control Center

VSYNC: totally off (slider all the way to the left). Otherwise ArmedAssault will force it on by default
        AA: application decide
        AF: application decide

In Armed Assault, I've got everything set to LOW except Terrain at Normal. Shadows and Post Processing are the big in-game slow downs, so turn those down. I haven't had a chance to incrementally test each setting in a higher position yet, but I think I can get a little more out of it without sacrificing game play.

Oh yeah...my biggest frame rate killer so far has been zooming in with binos or the sniper rifle. For some reason that positively kills my performance.

Just as an afterthought though...I wonder if your sound problems are contributing to your poor frame rates? Perhaps new sound card drivers may help?

Are you using on-board sound or a stand alone sound card?
        Last edited by houdini; 12-23-2006, 01:08 PM. Reason: Forgot something
        |TG| HOUDINI

Comment

Originally posted by houdini View Post
          Hey Wolfseven!

Just as an afterthought though...I wonder if your sound problems are contributing to your poor frame rates? Perhaps new sound card drivers may help?

Are you using on-board sound or a stand alone sound card?
          Sound card drivers are up to date and no longer supported turtle beach santa cruz 5.1 sur sound. :row__531: Also did what you sugested and it worked!
          Last edited by Wolfseven; 12-23-2006, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Cool! Glad it worked Wolf!

Maybe the mods can sticky a settings thread...I think that would help a lot of folks get set up with minimal frustration.

For my horribly out of date video card (9800XT) I'm managing to get very playable graphics at 1280x1024 with the settings above, plus in-game settings:

EVERYTHING: LOW (terrain LOW seems to be helping my particular card out the most)

AA/AF: OFF
            Shadows: Low (orginally off, but the low setting works fine with Terrain Low as well)

Hopefully, my new AGP card (I know, I know) will help even more when it arrives. Until then, I'm going to keep working with each setting to see where gameplay becomes unbearable, then back off a bit.

Still getting horrible frames when I'm zoomed in with a scope/bino, but it seems to be a problem for higher performance cards as well.
            |TG| HOUDINI

Comment

Originally posted by houdini View Post
              Oh yeah...my biggest frame rate killer so far has been zooming in with binos or the sniper rifle. For some reason that positively kills my performance.
              Ditto. I can't even switch to iron sights/aiming reticule when engaging targets my framerate drop off so much. I have to move in close and shoot from the hip to hit anything. Arrrgh...

Comment

It's hard to measure the online performance yet , I've found no dedicated demo servers , its all on somebodys pc , most seem to be in Europe . Its a poor first impression in that regard , they should have setup official servers like EA did with bf2.

Comment

Is anyone else having trouble with the sun glare. When I look at the sun the screen is totally white, I can't see ANYTHING. However when I look away from the sun (directly opposed to it) it almost seems like night. I have not found a setting dealing with this. I wonder if this is a bug or something I over looked?

Comment

Try setting post-processing lower...like LOW or something.
                    |TG| HOUDINI

Comment

The most F**ED up Demo I have ever played. I havent been able to try anything because there has been no servers on the USA side and nobodys playing. I know my hours are bad but you would think there would be poeple on durring the night PST. I'm so frustrated wiith the CTF you get in you die over and over and over cant even spawn then the pings, and there plent of EU and across the pound servers but I cant find anything over here. Thanks for listening to my rant I guess I'll go play AA. until some decides they want to put up a server.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfseven View Post
                        The most F**ED up Demo I have ever played. I havent been able to try anything because there has been no servers on the USA side and nobodys playing. I know my hours are bad but you would think there would be poeple on durring the night PST. I'm so frustrated wiith the CTF you get in you die over and over and over cant even spawn then the pings, and there plent of EU and across the pound servers but I cant find anything over here. Thanks for listening to my rant I guess I'll go play AA. until some decides they want to put up a server.
                        I'm with you on some of that ,is hard to tell exactly how it'll play what with bots and no organized squads/platoon or whatever.No team effort is one thing in run & gun games but its most painful in this type of sim. This could be a great game I'd hate to see fail cause of poor team work, in other words I can't see the lone wolf / rambo enjoying time on ArA so its popularity might suffer.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfseven View Post

I'm in SoCal.....either of us could host a game and we could play COOP....

PM if interested......
                          "If the sword is always sheathed, it will become rusty, the blade will dull, and people will think as much of its owner." —Yamamoto Tsunetomo, Hagakure: The Book of the Samurai

I prefer a challenge and teamwork rather than a stat loading server without sound tactical ideals.

Comment

hey guys...sorry to hear the demo is not working out so well...just wanted to chime in and tell you the full game for the most part is working a -ok. I downloaded the German version a week or two ago. It is a resource hog but with the proper tweaking a run of the mill gaming computer should be able to run it atleast on low or low medium.

I'm very pleased with the gameplay thus far. I've played on the TG server a handful of times with a couple of people here and there...even with just one or two humans the game rocked in MP mode. Keep the faith and don't pass final judgment on what sounds like a disastrous demo.
                            sigpic
                            |TG-1st|Grunt
                            ARMA Admin (retired)
                            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I would have to agree 100% with Grunt. I love the game, I can't get enough coop MP play. But I am use to OFP game play because I have played that game since I picked it up way back in 01. It might not be the most polished game out their but it is one of the best that I have played at TG and it will continue to get better each day.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X